TVD: S3E59 - All My Children

(Gilbert House) Alexis' POV

Elena is telling Bonnie and I about how it went with Esther last night. Apparently she wants to kill all her children and I make up my mind to warn Elijah. He doesn't deserve to die. Now Elena is telling us about Damon sleeping with Rebekah. While Bonnie tries to do a privacy spell with Caroline in the other room listening in. "He was gloating. Like actual gloat. Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her" Elena tells us.

"So what if he sleeps with her? They're both single" I tell her. "Is it working?" I ask Caroline. And she enters the room.

"It's not working. I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo" she tells Elena. 

"I don't know, it's a tricky spell" Bonnie tells us.

"When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke" Elena tells her.

"You sure this is safe with me in the room?" I ask them concerned.

"If you're worried, why don't you go outside with Care" Elena tells me. I nod my head in agreement. I stand up and walk over to Caroline.

"Alright, lets try this again" Bonnie says. Caroline scoffs and leaves the room again. I follow and close the door. "Speaking of Esther, you should know that she came to see me and Abby this morning" I hear Bonnie say. I look at Caroline and she nods her head. She can still hear them to.

"And all this time you let me vent about Damon?" Elena asks Bonnie.

"I don't want you or Lexis to worry" Bonnie states. I go back into the room and shut the door.

"Okay, well, what did she want?" I ask as I sit stand by the window.

"She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite" Bonnie explains.

"Okay, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?" Elena and I ask her.

"Even if there was, why would I want that?" Bonnie asks us.

"I just keep thinking....Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep Elena alive" I tell her.

"And now we're in exactly the same position and we're just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right" Elena states. I nod my head in agreement as Caroline reenters the room.

"Okay. First of all, this privacy spell is totally not working. Second. Elena, Lexis neither of you are doing this, Esther is doing this" she tells us.

"There's no time to change your minds Lexis, Elena. He'll be dead by the end of the night" Bonnie tells us.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"It's a full moon. Esther needs to harness the energy of a celestial event. She asked me and Abby to join her" Bonnie explains.

"I have to go" I state and leave before anyone can stop me. I get in my car and drive back to my apartment. I call Elijah and he arrives soon after.

"What is wrong Alexis? You looked stress" he says concerned.

"I just found out something horrible" I tell him.

"Is something wrong with Adrianna?" he asks placing a hand on my stomach and I shake my head. "What's wrong?" he asks me confused.

"Elena told me about why Esther wanted to see her last night" I tell him.

"She told me mother was apologizing" he tells me.

"She wasn't" I tell him shaking my head. "We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother....We didn't know what to think" I explain.

"Since her return she says she only wants this family whole again" he tells me.

"When she asked to see me, I...I thought that maybe she could help. That she would find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill" I tell him tearing up at the thought of losing him. I don't care if I'm just a replacement for Tatia, I can't lose Elijah.

"She wants to kill us all, doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she created" he asks.

"I'm so sorry, Elijah. She's doing it tonight as it's a full moon. I wish there was something I could do to help" I tell him sadly.

"You know, one thing I've learned on my time on this Earth...be careful what you wish for" he tells me. He kisses my forehead. "Do not stress, I shall handle this. But I'm afraid Elena will be needed to get the Salvatores to coroperate" he tells me.

"As long as she is not hurt, I'm fine with that" I tell him.

"I give you my word no harm will come to her" he tells me. "Go into your apartment and I shall see you tonight" he instructs. I nod my head and give him a peck on the lips before going to my apartment. I pray he doesn't die tonight or ever.

(Time skip)

My phone rings and I answer it. "Yes Damon, can I help you?" I ask him.

"Have you seen Elena?" he asks me.

"Not since this morning" I tell him.

"Well she's not answering her phone" he tells me sounding worried.

"Well, I'm surprise you have time to call, what with all this Original sex you've been having" I say.

"She told you?" he asks shocked.

"I'm her twin sister, of course she told me" I retort. "Look I'll try her, why don't you see if Ric has seen her" I suggest.

"Fine, message if see her" he tells me and we hang up. I try to call Elena and it goes straight to voice mail. Elijah must have her. I message Damon telling him she didn't answer. I decide to have a relaxing shower. I do so and put on my pjs. Then make myself some dinner.

(Time skip)

I'm doing my school work when there's a knock at my door. I save my work and go answer the door to see Elijah. I sigh in relief and hug him. "Is it over?" I ask him.

"For now, mother is still out there. I'm still linked to my siblings, but Klaus will see that we're unlinked" he tells me. "Thank you for telling me the truth, you did not have too" he says.

"I couldn't lose you, there's still so much I want to learn about you. About Tatia and to see if we could ever work" I tell him.

"You and Adrianna deserve better Alexis" he tells me sadly. "Today I did things I abhor to protect the one thing I value most. My family. If anyone can understand that, it's you and Elena. Yours compassion is a gift, Alexis. Both of you should carry it with you. As I will carry my regret. Always and forever" he explains.

"What are you saying Elijah?" I ask him as I cup his face with my hands.

"I'm leaving Mystic Falls and you deserve to find someone better then me. You will be an amazing mother Alexis. Adrianna is so lucky to have you, never let anyone change you" he tells me. "Goodbye Alexis" he says and kisses my cheek. He leaves before I can protest. I start to cry. I'd just lost the man I was falling for and may never see him again.