45. A Fight with the Diamond Kingdom #3

Hell Lotus's mind: That hurts...How could you do this to a frail old man?

Asta walked towards Hell Lotus.

Hell Lotus's mind: My left arm seems to be broken...A few cracked ribs too. I guess this takes me out of commission. The Clover Kingdom sure has some extraordinary wonders. For example, this young man wielding that massive sword. Even a seasoned veteran like myself has never met someone who lacked magic. If I'll be taken captive, I would rather die fighting. *opens grimoire*

The smoke got bigger which blocked their view of Hell Lotus so he used this chance to escape with his ride made of smoke.

Hell Lotus's mind: But running away is more practical!

"Hey, stop!" Asta exclaimed as he ran towards the smoke. "Wait up!" Noelle exclaimed. "You're not getting away." Luck said as he fastens his pace in order to catch up to Hell Lotus. "This guys..." Y/n sighed.

Y/n's mind: While they're chasing him, I should try to use my magic to look for the treasure chamber while waiting.

"Catching up with you!" Luck exclaimed. The smoke got stronger which made Luck jump back, so Hell Lotus disappeared into thin air.

"Damn it! we lost him!" Asta exclaimed. Noelle stopped running and started panting a lot, "You two...are so fast...". "It's too bad we couldn't finish him off, but we don't have time for this. We need to hurry to the treasure chamber!" Luck exclaimed. "You're the one to talk!" Noelle exclaimed. "I completely forgot! Let's get moving!" Asta exclaimed. "Don't worry guys!" Y/n exclaimed.

"What do you mean, Y/n? We don't know where it is." Asta said. "It's just above us." Y/n said as she pointed at the ceiling.

Luck's mind: What is all that magic power?

"I bet Luck-senpai can feel the powerful magic." Y/n said. "What?" Noelle asked. "It seems there is someone stronger." Luck said. "Someone stronger?" Asta asked. "That "someone" is actually above us, where the treasure chamber is." Y/n explained. "How were you able to find the treasure chamber?" Noelle asked. "It's mana." Y/n smiled. "We should go now, we don't want them to open the treasure chamber." she said.

"Yes!" they exclaimed.

(With Hell Lotus)

"Is everyone okay? We might have to give up on the treasure chamber. I-it hurts (someone touched his injured arm). Well, I'm sure Mars will find a way to handle the rest. After all, he's Diamond Kingdom's secret weapon." he said.

(With Golden Dawn)

Yuno was panting a lot while the man who attacked him, named Mars, was still standing up unharmed.

Klaus's mind: What forbidding power he possesses! Even Yuno's all-out efforts have been ineffective against him. Those gems embedded in his forehead...I've heard about them.

The Diamond Kingdom has been experimentally cultivating Mage Warriors who have artificially-enhanced magical power. Young children with a talent for magic are selected and put through fierce competition. Magic items that enhance magic power are implanted in their bodies. Ultimately, they are pitted against each other to death. Only one is left standing in the end. Was that him? Whoever he is, how can I tolerate this? This is absurd! I am a noble! A member of Golden Dawn!

An ally has already been injured. A commoner is protecting me.

"This sort of thing...This sort of thing should have never happened!" Klaus exclaimed. "Steel Creation Magic, Violent Rotating Lance!" Klaus exclaimed as a steel lance appeared and was aimed at Mars. "Klaus-senpai!" Yuno exclaimed.