Chapter Five

The rest of the week went by pretty slowly and as we got closer and closer to our first day of work study, I couldn't shake the look on Shiori's face after class that day. Now the two of us stand outside of the Endeavor agency building, finally all geared up and trembling with anticipation and nerves.

"You know, I heard Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki are a part of this agency too" Shiori notes absently and I grimace, gritting my teeth together.

"Seriously?" I complain, having forgotten that completely. Shiori eyes me.

"You didn't know that?" she wonders and I sigh.

"I chose to ignore it" I admit and she gives me a flat stare.

"How's that working out for you?" she asks, devoid of sympathy.

"Shut up" I retort and the two of us go inside. I don't think either one of us knows what to expect but I do know that I'm meeting Endeavor today. I don't care what else happens after that. Today, I meet the number one hero. The man whose title I'm hell bent on taking.

The Endeavor Agency building is an enormous skyscraper, well-lit and well decorated with expensive furnishing and tasteful accents and artwork. Being inside of it is a little intimidating seeing as even when mom was alive, me and Shiori never really spent a lot of time in places that looked like they had real money. This is all new.

"Do you think he has a personal driver?" I ask Shiori once we're in the elevator. She gives me a look.

"Why would anyone need a car when they can literally fly?" she asks and I shrug.

"Fair point. But seriously... he didn't have to go this hard" I murmur, touching the cherry wood paneling on the inside of the elevator wall. The wood is smooth and cool beneath my finger tips and solid as a rock.

"Be serious. I heard he's really hard to impress" Shiori whispers and I can sense her worry. I grab her hand and squeeze.

"Don't sweat it. He wanted us for a reason" I remind her and she sighs.

"I guess" she replies and I give her a look.

"Trust me, if any one here has to worry? It's me. I mean, be honest, out of the two of us, who's more likely to screw something up?" I laugh sheepishly, scratching my neck. Shiori smiles at this.

"Yeah, you've got a point" she says and I laugh again.

"See?" I grin and her smile loosens up a bit. I'm definitely not the studious one but if there's one thing Shiori can always count on, it's my absolute and limitless ability to act like a complete knuckle head no matter the situation. The elevator doors finally open to a smattering of maybe thirty cubicles, some of them full and others neatly waiting for their employee's return. I march into the office with stars in my eyes.

"Whoa, look at all of this!" I whisper shout, excitement making my adrenaline spike. Shiori shakes her head, a more comfortable smile on her face now.

"Come on, we have to find..."

"Hi! I'm Burnin'. You're the Ito twins, right?" a woman asks, coming up to us with an enthusiastic smile and proud stance. Wow. She's even more full of energy than I am and that's my quirk.

"Yeah, hi, I'm Kaida..." I start but she interrupts me with a flurry of hand gestures.

"Come on you two! We've got a lot of ground to cover and not a lot of time before we hit the road! You get to come on patrol with me today, which, if you ask me, is pretty lucky since I'm probably the best to work with out of the bunch!" she teases, a crazy wide smile on her face. Shiori and I follow her mostly out of confusion, both of us trying to keep up with everything coming out of her mouth.