Chapter Twenty-Nine

I wake up slowly, squinting against the morning light filtering in through the window as I try to remember where I am. That's right... we're at the hot springs... my eyes widen as the memories of last night come back to me and I roll over, only now realizing that Bakugo is lying behind me, arm draped over my hip. I catch my breath, cheeks heating. Last night. I squeeze my eyes shut, remembering the way his hands glided over every inch of me, how hot his palms were, how urgent his mouth was on mine... I open my eyes again, covering my mouth with my hand. Oh my god. I look back at him, surprised by how serene he looks when he's sleeping, but he's also naked. OH MY GOD. I slept with Bakugo. I really went and had sex with him without thinking even once about it. Where in the hell was Mr. Aizawa?

"Morning" Bakugo mumbles groggily, not opening his eyes. I peek at him, face an embarrassing shade of red. When I don't answer, he opens one eye, eyebrow raised.

"What?" he demands. I clear my throat, looking away from him.

"I, uh..." I can't speak, can't even think straight. How did I end up here? Do I regret it? No, but... I'm torn. Torn between wondering why I just decided last night would be good and refusing to admit that I actually might have feelings for him that exceed anything I've ever felt before.

"Did I make you speechless or something?" he asks, stunning me. Not only is Bakugo not usually one for jokes, but this isn't exactly what I'd call the right time to be making them.

"Bakugo!" I hiss, face even redder now. Instead of defending himself or apologizing, he rolls over suddenly, pinning me to the bed and looming over me with an intense look in his red eyes, a look that makes my heart stall out.

"Don't tell me... you're having second thoughts already..." he murmurs, eyes trailing down to my mouth. My heart races and I know immediately that I'm not. That I'd even do it again right now if given the option.

"No... actually, I was thinking I might not want to leave this room at all today" I reply boldly, impressed with myself. Bakugo's eyes widen slightly, the look on his face satisfying in so many ways.

"You want to stay here?" he asks, a little uncertain. I reach up and run my hands along his back, basking in the warmth of him against my skin.

"Mhm" I nod and he grabs the side of my face with his hand, tilting my head up so that he can kiss me again. I make a small noise against his lips and wrap my arms around him for a moment, losing myself in his scent and feel of his skin.

"But we can't" I breathe, pulling away from him for a second. He blinks at me like he's trying to get his thoughts back together.

"Why's that?" he wonders gruffly and I can tell he's ready to keep me here by force if he must. I laugh, face flushed and heart fluttering.

"We don't want people to come looking for us. I have plans with Shiori today" I reply and he growls under his breath, leaning down to kiss and bite at my neck. I gasp, too weak willed to even try to fight him off.

"Katsuki" I groan and he pulls away from me, eyes on fire.

"Don't tell me you have to go and then say my name like that" he orders, glaring at me heatedly. I shrug, biting my lip. I can't help it. It just slips out... he sighs heavily, tearing himself away from me and sitting back on the end of his bed, trying not to continue touching me. I sit up, still holding the blanket around me and I flush, realizing belatedly that all of my clothes are back at the springs... we stumbled over here in robes. Seriously. Where in the hell was Aizawa last night?

"Bakugo... I can't go back to my room like this" I tell him, earning an arched eyebrow before the realization hits him too. His face goes blank.

"Huh... that's a problem" he notes. I gape at him.