U-TURN

"No matter where we each stand, together we can look upon the same sun, the same moon and the same sky, so we are forever one family. You can't see air, but you need it to breathe and it is always there. Likewise, your family may not be in sight, but we need each other and will always be there."

Do Sunghoo and Do Soomin thought that Jihan surviving the two silver bullets that pierced through his body is worth celebrating with the whole country, but Jungkook standing with his wide doe eyes right in front of them is something they want to keep for themselves only. The older female omega's eyes are brimming with tears when Jungkook slowly lifted his hands to gently wipe away the older woman's tears.

The reunion of mother and son is just so intimate that even the Prime Minister himself fell into a magical reverie because never in his life that he imagined that Soomin's wolf will immediately heal from the pain of being separated from their youngest son. Even Taehyung on the side who's now holding Luna in his arms is having a goosebumps while watching his mate's wolf nuzzling into Soomin's pure blood omega wolf too.

Donnas has been long gone in the room. The older omega knows that Soomin needs time with her son so she quietly exits the room when everyone's attention is on Jungkook and his mom.

"Someone once told me that Omegas should never cry because of any alphas. P-please, can you please stop crying ma'am?" Jungkook hesitantly asked the older omega who immediately smiled at his request.

"Well, it depends...my tears are not because of sorrow and pain young man. They're because of happiness." Soomin replied before cupping Jungkook's face again. The pure blood alpha knows the situation is super strange but to his surprise, he couldn't feel any hint of awkwardness with the whole thing. He doesn't even mind when Soomin starts to ruffle his slightly long hair before she softly pinches his cheeks. It's really odd seeing the wife of the Prime Minister acting that way with another Assemblyman who's father is the same person who tried to kill their own son.

"Happiness? Oh... I'm glad Do...I mean, Jihan-ssi is safe now. You have nothing to thank me ma'am. He also saved my daughter, I mean he wasn't able to stop them but I know he did his best." Jungkook suddenly thought of the reasons why Do Soomin is staring at him fondly.

Taehyung who's staring at them and witnessing the exchange between them can't help but to intervene already.

"Gukkie!" Taehyung called out while placing their pup's still sleepy head on his shoulder while his eyes are on hia mate.

"Yes Tae?"

"Geez, I know I'm not in the place to say this but Gukkie can't you feel it? I mean, the hollow part in your chest. You know when parents and their pup gets separated they'll feel an emptiness like no other and---"

"But Tae... Luna has been with me baby. Of course I know what you're talking about because I have that hole in my heart too.. the old woman in the island told me that it's probably because I was separated with....wait....T-tae, why was I in the island?" Jungkook suddenly feels like he's suffocating.

Taehyung was about to put down his pup in the hospital bed to help his mate to calm down because he can see the panic in Jungkook's eyes.

"Gukkie, hey breathe..." Taehyung said while his eyes are not leaving the pure blood alpha.

Jungkook's eyes widened when a rush of old memories are slowly flashing into his head. It's as if he's watching a very old film from a super old black and white television. The images are blurry and they're as if just part of a vague dream but Jungkook's heart ia pounding until he saw Junseo in his head again.

The older alpha welcoming him to the mansion, telling him that he is his son!

Jungkook closed his eyes as he tries to retrieve the memory back in the island where there's an older man and woman telling him that he's different from the other children there because he's not born in the island just like the rest of the children. Images of other wolves are flashing until he saw another older omega telling him that they just found him clutching into a piece of log floating in the ocean.