Fight for our love? Part 2

Lena sat in her office and wondered what she has done..She just looked as Kara left her office. Why does she want to divorce Kara? Why know, when their daughters need them the most? When they need each other the most? To be honest...She herself doesn't have a valuable reason either. 

It pained her that she has just brought more pain and sadness into her family, to her daughters...And wife. Never in her life did she imagine to divorce Kara, but here she is and has said the single sentence she never wished to say. Lena kept on looking at her now empty glass of scotch, but noticed a framed picture on her table. She looked closer into it and saw it was a picture of Kara and her, with their daughters on the time they traveled to Switzerland. That particular day was the happiest they've ever been, but the next day they also found out about Kayla's cancer...That was the last time they were truly a happy family.

Lena started to cry and held the frame to her heart. 'Why am I doing this to them?' She asked herself. She can remember that she promised herself not to have a broken family like the Luthor's and bring her children into loneliness and sorrow...But she broke her promise. She can feel by every minute that her family was only falling apart and just wished to fix it here and now...But she can't...Wait...Maybe she can.

The day Kara and her married, they promised each other to fight for their love and now is the time to fight for their love. And then she remembered Kara's words: "I trust you...I believe in you." Lena finally felt hope again and brought herself to work. Without even thinking, she ran to the lab and saw Kayla laying on the hospital bed. Just the image made Lena's heart ache, it ached to see her daughter in so much pain. "Mommy..." Kayla said in a weak voice. "Hey little sunshine, we'll go home today. Ieiu and Layla would be happy to see you." Lena said softly and stroked Kayla's black hair. Kayla's blue eyes lit up by the mention of her other mother and sister and that she could see them. Lena smiled when she saw her daughter smile and was amazed on how Kayla resembled Kara...Blue eyes, same lips, same crinkle...Just the hair was different. "Come, let's go." Lena encouraged and with a swift motion, Kayla was up.

While Lena and Kayla were on their way, Kara was at home with Layla. "Hey little one." Kara greeted her daughter when she entered through the balcony door. "Ieiu!"Layla sad happily and gave a big hug to her mother. "I'm so happy to see you." Kara said and crouched down to give a hug to Layla. "Me too." Layla said and hugged her mother tighter. "Wanna watch some TV? Mommy might come hoe  tonight, because she's going to take care of Kayla." Kara said and Layla gave a nod. The young girl super sped to the TV and turned on some cartoons, Kara chuckled at the action and sat next to her daughter. As they watched carton, Layla got snuggled up with Kara and Kara's heart was warm. Mostly, when Lena and her would argue or fight...Their daughters would comfort them, they were the string that kept them together. She looked at Layla and could not believe how much Layla resembled Lena...Green eyes, same nose, same lips...Just the difference was the hair, Layla had blonde hair. 

When she remembered about Lena, she felt pain o her chest when she remembered the conversation between them today. Lena wanted a divorce and she did hope that eh wife would fight for their love...Mostly in such situations. Kara knew, even though the divorce might happen, she would still fight for their love. "Are you okay Ieiu?" Kara got interrupted by a little voice. She looked down to see her daughter flash worried green eyes. "I-I am baby." Kara lied and gave a warm smile to her daughter to mask her pain. "Do you think mommy will find a cure for Kayla?" Layla suddenly asked and Kara was trying her best not to cry. "I believe and trust your mother will find a cure for Kayla...We all should have hope in her." Kara answered truthfully and that seemed to satisfy Layla. Just then, they heard familiar footsteps outside the door and soon, Lena and Kayla entered the apartment. "Kayla!" Layla yelled happily and ran to her twin sister and gave a soft hug, as if she were afraid to hurt her sister. "Layla!" Kayla yelled back and hugged her sister tight, afraid to let go. The sight made Kara's and Lena's heart melt, it was truly a precious moment. Then, green and blue eyes met across the room and gave each other a silent question: 'Can we talk?'

"My loves, go play in your room, while Ieiu and I make some dinner." Lena said softly and soon, she heard two swooshes. Kara walked over to her wife and grabbed her coat and bag. Lena gave a silent thank you and walked over to the kitchen island, while Kara hung her coat and put her bag into their bedroom. Soon enough, Kara also entered the kitchen. They just sat across from each other without saying a word. "I'm happy you came, especially with Kayla." Kara said truthfully, with a soft smile.  "I wanted our daughters to be together today and I had to come." Lena said and gave a soft smile back. "We need to talk." Lena said sternly and had Kara's full attention. "I said some rude things today, but...I- I didn't mean it." Lena said truthfully and Kara nodded. "Well, I'm assuming you came here to talk about our divorce?" Kara stated and Lena took a deep sigh. "I came here to talk about us and our relationship...I wan to fix things between us." Lena fiddled with her fingers and looked a the table the whole time. "Weren't you the one asking for a divorce a couple of hours ago?" Kara asked sternly and had a cold glare. Lena looked into her wife's eyes and stayed silent...She didn't know what to say, it was hard for her to express it into words. "Yeah, silence was aways your way of 'trying to fix things'." Kara said sarcastically. "Sure, go on and insult me for not having the words to express myself! Yes, I was the one who brought up the divorce, but...I didn't mean to say it in the first place. So many things were going on through my head today...I couldn't control myself. I know, it was wrong and I'm so sorry Kara...I truly am." Lena almost yelled, but noticed that their daughters were in the two-level apartment and have superhearing. Kara looked into Lena's eyes and saw she was telling the truth. "You have no idea how painful it actually was...To hear you say you don't want to be with me anymore." Kara said through unshaded tears, and Lena was able to hear the pain through her voice...It was heart aching. "I love you Kara and the day we got married...We promised to stay by each other's side and fight for our love...And will always do that." Lena said those words filled with truth and love."We promised, but you were so close to breaking that promise...So close. But you didn't and you apologized...And that's what matters the most. I love you too...With all my heart and from now on, we have to work together to fix our relationship...Especially that our daughters need us the most and we're only stronger together."  Kara truthfully said and held Lena's hand  across the table, giving her a warm smile. "No matter what, we are always on each other's side and through the worst, we'll always fight for our love." Lena said softly and walked over to Kara, giving a kiss filled with love. As they broke the kiss, Kara whispered: "Always." And held Lena by the waist, giving a kiss full of passion.

A few days later, Lena was able to find a cure for Kayla and the little half Kryptonian made a very fast recovery. That day they've become once again a happy family.

It was truly worth to fight for their love...