The Daughter Of Athena Is In My School: Chapter Sixteen: Sophie's POV

"Sophie," Fitz's voice called. "Sophie, where are you!" He sounded urgent.

"I'm up here!" I called. I was in Dex's room, where we were searching elvin databases to find shadowflux and quintessence. Keefe wasn't getting worse, but he still hadn't woken up. We spent all our spare time trying to help, but we weren't getting anywhere.

"SOPHIE! You have a hail from Elwin!" My heart filled with hope. maybe it was good news about Keefe! But I'd left my Imparter downstairs. Again. I ran out of Dex's room, calling an apology over my shoulder as I took the stairs three at a time. I nearly knocked Fitz over. he was standing at the base of the stairs holding my Imparter. I answered it and Elwin's worried face shimmered across the screen.

"A human just leaped onto the grounds," he practically shouted, "and it's a miracle she's not dead! I thought you might know about this, since you're in the Forbidden Cities." He explained. "Come quick!" he said, and clicked away.

Fitz looked at me. "Percy and Annabeth." we groaned in unison. We ran out onto the porch and used the hanging crystal on one of the wind chimes to leap to Foxfire.

"Thank goodness you're here!" Elwin cried, hustling us to the Healing Center. "She was faded so much, I almost couldn't save her!" I peered into the pale face of Annabeth Chase.

"Fitz," I said. "We need to find out what happened." I opened my mind to his and we dove into Annabeth's memories.

I saw her and Percy falling, falling, falling through a pit of darkness, Percy bloody and pale on the ground, and the lifeless body of a blond teenage boy. That wasn't what we needed, so I sped out of that dark space in her mind and focused on an image of a pathfinder.

She and Percy were standing by a lake, where Percy was holding the pathfinder. Annabeth accidentally stepped into the faint path it had created, and she was whisked away. But instead of her cells instantly scattering, her mind somehow held her together. I remembered Percy saying she was the child of the Greek goddess of wisdom, so maybe her brain was different than most humans'. Either way, she'd survived, so it didn't matter how. Elwin bustled up behind us, holding a bottle of Fade Fuel.

My Imparter buzzed with a new hail. It was Percy. I stepped into the hall before answering, and Percy's face flashed into existence. He was freaking out.

"The-wand-thingamajig-Annabeth-light-took-how-HELP!" He said.

"Slow down," I said. "She's okay... Well, she's alive and not in immediate danger of death." I reassured him. He did not look reassured.

"Can I come... Where are you?" He asked.

"My school."

"Goode?... Oh. your elvin school." He said.

"I can get you here," I offered.

"Okay." he said. Then he clicked away.

When I got back to the house, I found Percy sitting in the living room, while Linh made drops of water hit him on the nose. He would flick them right back, and both of their hair was soaked. When Percy spotted me, he flicked his wrist to make the water droplets dissipate, then stalked over.

"Where's my girlfriend?" He demanded.

"Relax. We're going to teleport there."

He blinked. "Okay." He followed me as I sprinted toward the cliffs at the back of the property, enjoying it just a little when he couldn't keep up with my speed. "How... So... Fast..." He panted.

"Channeling." I told him. "Now hold on. it's going to be a scary ride. His face paled. "We're going to jump?" He asked. His face was white. After what I'd seen of them falling in Annabeth's mind, I thought that teleporting might not be the best idea. But light leaping with a human was even worse, so I pulled him off the cliff.