Meeting Percy: Ch. 3: Sophie's POV

I concentrated on the image of a rocky beach that Alden had shown me. I shoved the energy out of my mind and we fell out of the sky with a thunderous BOOM.

"Ugh, Foster, you seriously need to work on those landings!" Stina complained, extracting her bony limbs from under my ribs.

"I know," I groaned. I'd landed on top of Stina's elbow, and my ribcage was bruised. I dragged myself to my feet, and almost fell back down when I saw a teenaged boy running toward us on top of the water. And he was completely dry. He was carrying a blonde girl in his arms. He stepped off the water onto the beach as easily as you would step from grass to concrete. The guy had sea green eyes and windblown, jet black hair. He set down the girl, who had long, curly blond hair and stormy gray eyes. She had a bronze dagger hanging from her belt. She had her hand on its hilt.

"Who... Are you?" He asked. He sounded out of breath. "And how did you do that?"

"Well, um.... We.. I... she teleported?" Dex blurted, his voice squeaking. When the boy looked confused, I realized Dex was speaking the Enlightened Language.

"I'm Sophie Foster, and this is Dex, Fitz, Biana, Tam, Linh, Stina, Wylie, Marella, and Maruca. And, uh... I'll explain about the falling-out-of-the-sky thing later. Meanwhile, how were you walking on the water?!" I said in English, all in one breath.

"I'm Percy Jackson, and this is my girl-"

"Annabeth Chase," the girl cut him off. "He's my dumb boyfriend." "Hey!" Percy protested. "I helped get us out of Tartarus!" Annabeth paled and looked away- but not before I saw the tears in her eyes. What was Tartarus? And what had happened there that was so bad it made this obviously tough girl cry?

"Okay, look. You're obviously different than most humans, and we need to talk." I said. Behind me, Dex and Stina snickered at the confused looks on their faces. I elbowed them in the ribs.

"Wh- humans?" Percy asked. "Never mind. You can tell us later. You're obviously not normal, either, so let's meet at my apartment tomorrow at noon." He said. Then he and Annabeth ran off.