Chapter:14

*Ashton's POV*

Clapping and cheering filled my ears as I stood in front of the large group of people. Reed had just introduced me as the new beta. Some people looked genuinely happy but I could tell others were faking happiness. I know that it's not going to be easy being as good a beta as Winston was and I know that it's going to take a lot to get some of the pack members to accept me as beta.

People really loved Winston, he was everything you needed in a beta and that's why the pack was so heartbroken about it, his funeral was only yesterday but it felt like longer. As I looked out into the crowd I noticed that a few of the lower ranked men in the pack were looking at me with ugly sneer's on there faces. One man in particular noticed my eyes on him and I guess he decided to speak up.

"So you picked a little girl to lead us? You picked a girl to help make decisions for the pack. You picked a girl to be your right hand man,key word 'man'." The very rude man asked. I narrowed my eyes at him and spoke up before Reed even got the chance.

"Excuse me? I think I might of heard you wrong, you think that I can't be a good beta because I'm a woman? That is very sexist. I can lead along alpha Reed just as well as any man could." I stated with a hint of anger to my voice. The man frowned and rolled his eyes.

"Ya right." He muttered under his breath but I heard him loud and clearly. Reed saw the look of anger on my face and spoke up before I could do anything I would regret.

"I assure you that Ashton will make a great beta. Now thank you all for gathering, the pack meeting is over." Reed spoke calmly but I could tell he was angry with the man. The pack members nodded there heads and mumbled in acknowledgment. They started to file out of the large room.

"Ashton I'm sorry that man was so rude. We all know you will be a great beta." Reed assured me. I smiled at him before replying.

"It's fine Reed, he didn't get to me." Reed opened his mouth to say something but before he could Justin and Jace came running towards us.

"Can you believe the nerve of that guy?" Justin asked.

"Ya. He's a real asshole." Jace added. I laughed at there pissed off expressions. It's funny because its bothering them way more then it bothered me.

"It's fine guys, I don't really care what he thinks." I said with a laugh.

"Aww she's in denial." Jace wailed as he pulled me into his arms, practically hugging the life out of me.

"I. Cant. Breath." I spoke dramatically. Jace laughed but released me from his death hug.

"It really didn't bother you?" Justin asked as he tilted his head to the side. I shook my head and answered,

"We'll ya it did. It pissed me off beyond belief but I decided it wasn't worth getting worked up over so I let it go." Reed smiled proudly at me and I furrowed my brows.

"What?" I asked. He laughed at my confused expression.

"That's a thing that every good leader can do, let things go." He said. I nodded my head and grinned at him. It's true though, every good leader needs to be able to do that.

"Oh ya!" Justin said suddenly. I turned my head and gave him a questioning look.

"What?" I asked. He grinned at me and pulled a small piece of paper out of his pocket.

"Your mate asked me to give this to you." He said as he handed me the paper. I looked down at it and frowned, what is it? I unfolded the paper and read the writing that was on it.

'Meet me in the garden in an hour, oh and wear something nice. I think it's about time we had our first date.

- Saxon.'