Prologue .

I grabbed my razor and dug it into my skin, cringing in pain as I slit it opened multiple times. I watched as the cherry red liquid poured out of my wrist and onto the grey tiled floor. I layed back against the bathtub, waiting for my life to run out...when something caught my eye.

a piece of paper.

    I retrieved it, revealing a picture of my mom,dad,Armando, and I. We were all smiling, when there was still something to smile about. We were holding hands, wearing matching outfits. It was the first family vacation. A couple tears escaped my eyes as I clutched the picture in my hand. I use to have a family, people that love me, and are always there for me. I flipped the picture over where there's a little note. 

" whenever you're down... remember this. " ~ Armando. 

I felt my eyes growing heavier and heavier but jumped when I heard a loud knock.

"Evelyn? Are you in there?" Uncle Simon's voice boomed from the other side of the door. 

I wanted to answer him, but all that came out was heavy breathing.. I tried to catch my breath but I felt like my lungs were tangled in a huge knot, blocking out all the oxygen. I gripped onto the door knob, attempting to open it.

"Sweetheart, you're scaring me! What's going on?!" He asked, knocking louder.

I heard a click and footsteps before the world around me slowly faded.