Vanitas x Reader: Detention Buddies (AU)

(Oh look, a Vanitas one shot. Bet you never thought I would do one of these, huh?

This is a special occasion (and a surprise for one of my friends when they get back) so I decided to do it.

This will probably be the only Vanitas one shot in here, so have fun I guess.)

*

'What did I do to deserve this?'

You glared at the boy next to you who was either ignoring you or not paying any attention. You somehow got roped into serving detention with him by...I guess, being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or the right time, in his case.

"What are you looking at? Don't you know it's rude to stare?"

You blinked in surprise, not realizing you were staring at him, or that he even noticed you. "Oh! I was just...Um..." Great, now it was more awkward.

"Or did you like what you see~"

You blushed and shook your head, finally tearing your eyes away from him. Why was that so difficult?

He got up from his desk and leaned on the back of your chair. "I guess you do if you were staring at me. And blushing after I caught you."

"Can't you just leave me alone?" You bent your head back to look at him, which wasn't the best thing to do, mainly because he was able to kiss you when you did that.

Your eyes widened and he pulled away. "I guess we'll have to get detention together more often. How about next Friday, detention buddy?"

You rolled your eyes and ignored his laughter. "Is that your only idea for a date?"

He winked at you. "It is if it works."

Written on: March 8, 2021