Chapter Two 01

Knock! Knock!

I knocked at Nagito's cabin door for the umpeenth time.

"Huh? That's strange... Normally Nagito answers the door at the third knock," I murmured and tilted my head to the side.

I sighed and went to the side of his cabin, careful to not fall into the water, and peeked through his window.

"Oh," I let out a noise, "He isn't here..." I spoke in a disappointed tone.

"Then he must be at the restaurant!" I cheered myself up and dashed to the Hotel lobby.

I climbed the stairs leading to the restaurant, "Good morning, everyone!" I put on a smile.

"Oh... Y/n... You're here... Good morning...." Mahiru sulked.

I felt my smile drop just a little as I noticed that everyone was either staring off into space or picking at their food.

"They still must be in shock," I sighed and grabbed a plate of food and sat down beside Hajime.

"He...Hey...Hajime...." I sulked.

"Hey, Y/n...." Hajime let out a weak smile.

I smiled at his efforts, "Di–" I was cut off by Hiyoko entering the restaurant.

"Huuuuuh? You guys don't look so good. Your faces all look like you guys just attended two funerals in a row," I glared at the kimono wearing brat.

"Thats, like.... what happened! Byakuya and..... Teruteru got killed!!" Mikan stood up to Hiyoko making me smile.

"I'm not talking to you, you ugly bitch!" Hiyoko cursed making Mikan cry.

"Hey! Don't insult Mikan like that!" I yelled, my glare worsening.

"No one asked for you opinion, whore! No wonder your little boy toy isn't here since you always stick your nose into other people's business!" Hiyoko spat.

"Boy.... Toy...?"

Does she mean...?

"Yeah! You're precious little Nagi–"

Without warning I stood up and raised my hand.

"Eep!" Hiyoko shielded her face with her arms, seeing I was about to slap her–

"Y/n..." Hajime took hold of my hand and shook his head side-to-side. I scoffed,  removing my hand from Hajime's grasp and sat back down.

"Still, I understand about Mr. Ham hands, but is there even a reason for us to be sad about Teruteru's death?" Hiyoko pouted and continued as if nothing had happened.

Oh, how happy would I be if you would just shut your mouth for the entirety of your worthless life.

"Wha-What do you mean?" Kazuichi asked.

"Well he was a crazy guy who killed someone! He totally deserved to die!" Hiyoko faked a shocked expression.

"I understand your opinion, but you're going to far..." Peko spoke up.

"Huuuuh? Is it all right to defend a killer? Are you trying to justify murder?" Hiyoko made a face.

"No, that was not my intention but–"

"Then you gotta hate him more than ever. You gotta hate him from the bottom of your heart," Hiyoko cut off Peko.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, I hate YOU from the bottom of my heart,"

"He's a stupid, piece of trash, bastard who committed the lowest crime possible. He deserved to get killed," My eye twitched in annoyance, "In fact, I'm rather relieved he was executed. If I could have, I would have totally spat on him too,"

"...Hm...?" Akane spoke up for the first time during this whole conversation, "Hmmmm?"

"Hey, what gives?! Does a peabrain like you have something to complain about?!" Hiyoko taunted.

"Well, it's not about that, but...." Akane sniffed the air, "something smells... don'tcha think?" I sniffed the air and indeed, something did smell. I fought the urge to gag as a putrid smell went through my nose.

"Yeah, it does! Urgh... I think I'm gonna be sick," I pinched my nose.

"Eh, again?!" Sonia exclaimed.

"Don't tell me... It better not be another dead body..." Ibuki nervously laughed.

"Nah... it's not the smell of blood this time... it just smells really bad...." Akane trailed off.

Turns out, the horrible smell was coming from Hiyoko. I covered my mouth to try and muffle my giggles.

She totally got what she deserved.

"Um... anyway.... What happened to Fuyuhiko and Nagito?" My head perked up at the mention of the luckster.

"It seems..." I looked around the restaurant again, "they're both not here..." I sighed.

Where could Nagito be?!

"Ah, now that you mentioned it... you're right," Hajime said.

"I saw Fuyuhiko earlier near the hotel. I invited him to breakfast, but he declined," Peko explained.

Declined... huh...

"Wha-What about Nagito?! Have you seen him?!" I asked, growing worried.

"Unfortunately, I did not see him," I felt my stomach drop.

Where could he be?

Nagito?

He wasn't at his dorm.

I looked everywhere.

He should've at least informed me...

What if he...?

No, don't think like that.

Wha–

My thoughts were cut off by Nekomaru.

"J-Just to let you know.... I don't know anything!" Nekomaru exclaimed.

I examined the team manager, "He definitely knows something..."

"W-Without hesitation, I-I don't know anything about Nagito at all!!" He screamed.

Yup, he knows something.

All I need to do is find a way on how to force the information out of him...

I zoned out of the conversation at hand to brainstorm a possible plan.

A few minutes of thinking passed and....

My eyes lit up.

Yup.

I smiled.

This...

....This could work....