Chapter One 11

After Nagito's huge outburst, the trial proceeded on as usual and concluded with Teruteru being declared as the blackened.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!" Monokuma cheered.

"L-Lies... I won't believe this..." Teruteru mumbled with cold sweat and tears streaming down his face.

"Lies.... I.... won't....believe....this....!"

"MAAAAMAAAAAAA!" Teruteru let out a cry and started bawling.

I looked away from the sight as I felt tears threatening to spill. I embraced Nagito to hide my teary face.

I heard the sound of a button being pushed and the monitor lighting up. The video showed a pixelated Monokuma dragging a pixelated Teruteru with words on the bottom that read: "Teruteru has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!"

I gasped as I saw a chain wrap around Teruteru's neck. The chain pulled Teruteru out of the trial grounds.

The screen lit up once again with the words:

Deep Fried Teruteru
Ultimate Cook
Teruteru Hanamura's
Execution: Executed

The words left the screen and was now replaced by footage of Teruteru being strapped to a wooden plank on the shore. The chef struggled to break free from his restraints. Monokuma appeared from the horizon but he was....inside a helicopter?!

Monokuma pressed a button and tiny missiles rushed out from the helicopter. I closed my eyes when I saw the missiles hit Teruteru. I opened my eyes again to see Teruteru covered in egg yolk. Without giving Teruteru the chance to recover from his dizziness , Monokuma fired a large missile towards the chef causing him to be covered in flour.

And without any warning, the helicopter started to rise up, taking Teruteru along with it. The helicopter started to move across the sky towards a volcano. The helicopter paused for a moment before dropping Teruteru, burning him alive.

I stared at the screen in shock as I saw my friend, who was alive a few minutes ago, had died.

"YAHOO!!! EXTREME!!!" Monokuma popped up.

"Kyaaah!" Monomi shrieked.

"Phew! The adrenaline is rushing through me!" The monochrome bear panted.

"T-Teruteru!" Mikan screamed.

"Gh....ohhh....! A-Are you fucking serious...?" Kazuichi said with tears at the corner of his eyes.

"Afsgshajjxjsakjxskao" Ibuki was foaming at the mouth.

"Wh-Why...? Why.... did you do something so....cruel...?" Sonia cried.

I stood there and stared blankly at my classmates who were crying over the loss of our friend.

"Oh yeah, I did promise to return your memories after the killing game began..." Monokuma giggled.

Memories...?

"Huh? You're gonna do it? But.... telling them is kind of...." Monomi trailed off with cold sweat dripping down her body.

"But I never told you guys that I'd tell you right away," I felt the little hope I had of being able to recovering my memories shatter.

"Wha–?!" Fuyuhiko let out.

"That's.... That's not fair!" Akane glared at the laughing bear.

I wonder what memories I forgot...

"Of course, I'll keep my promise to return your memories someday," Monokuma raised his paw, "But... it's still not clear when that someday may be!" He and left along with Monomi leaving us to wallow in grief and despair.

"Wha-What the heck?!" Kazuichi was the first to break the silence as he cried.

"That's not fair! They both ran away!" Ibuki, who's mouth seemed to have stopped foaming, shrieked in protest.

"M-Monokuma had us wrapped around his little finger after all...!" Mahiru looked at the floor, "T-Teruteru.... you stupid....!"

"An ending like this is just full of despair.... A seriously tragic despair...." Nagito sighed. I turned to the albino male and embraced him to try and make him feel better, "But still.... at times like this..." He let go of the hug, much to my dismay.

"As the symbols of hope, you guys need to keep doing your best!" Nagito raised his hands and grinned widely. I smiled, happy to know that he was alright.

"You... why're you smillin'?!" Akane glared at Nagito causing my smile to drop.

I secretly glared at the gymnast, "How dare you look at Nagito that way, you pig!" My thoughts were clouded with rage.

"How can you smile in a situation like this, you creep?!" Everyone seemed to be against Nagito.

Nothing seemed to make me calm down as my mind was filled with nothing but negative thoughts.

Everyone's against Nagito... why is that...?

He's just trying to make you all feel better...!

How ungrateful can you guys get?!

You guys don't deserve his kindness...!

You guys don't deserve Nagito at all...!

I was lost in my own thoughts until someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hajime...?" I looked at the ahoge boy.

"Hey, Y/n... Are you.... okay...? You've been glaring at the floor for a long time," I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"I-I was...? S-Sorry... It's a habit of mine... I'm fine. No need to worry," I smiled, earning a smile in return.

"That's good. We're all heading back to our cabins, you coming?" Hajime gestured to everyone at the elevator.

I smiled, "Yeah..."

Remaining students:15/17

Remaining students:
15/17