Chapter One 03

After a while of walking, Nagito and I finally reached Jabberwock park. I looked around to find that we were missing a person.

"Hey-hey, Chiaki?" I whispered to the sleepy girl beside me.

"Hmm?" Chiaki hummed in response.

"Is it just me or are we missing someone?" And as if on cue, Hajime arrived.

"Hmph. For skinny people, you're awfully slow," Byakuya scoffed and glared at the late-comer.

"It seems.... You are just too fast for us," Sonia interjected.

"J-Jeez... I never expected a fatso like him to move so fast..." Kazuichi complained.

"So.... what's supposed to be here?" Akane asked, finally getting to the point.

" 'Here...?' Really...?" Byakuya glared at Akane as if she said something wrong, "Hmph... If you haven't noticed it yet... then I was right to dismiss you all as idiots," Byakuya glared at each one of us.

"Could it be.... The timer....?" I thought, unsure.

There was a huge black timer on top of the statue and it seemed to be counting down.

21 days left

It read.

Byakuya scoffed, "So you finally noticed. I found it this morning.... when I was exploring the island one more time," He explained.

"Monokuma must have placed this object," Peko spoke up, "What does this countdown even mean...?" She questioned.

"Could it be.... a bomb?" I looked up at the timer to examine it more only to be blinded by the harsh sunlight.

"A BOMB?!" Kazuichi shrieked.

"If they wanted to blow up this island, they would have done so by now. There's no need for a countdown," Byakuya replied making Kazuichi calm down a bit.

"Good point," I shrugged.

"Then what are they counting down?" Mikan spoke.

"It's a mystery..." Akane shrugged.

"A mysterious mystery, isn't it?" Monomi appeared out of nowhere causing everyone to get startled.

"Kyah!" Sonia let out a gasp in surprise.

"M-Monomi?" Hajime stuttered.

"Wh-Why are you here?" Mahiru questioned the rabbit.

"I heard everyone talking while I was patrolling, so I came over...." Monomi answered.

"No, not that.... Didn't Monokuma kill you?" Ibuki asked with her index fingers pressed together.

"Wait what?" I mumbled.

"You probably didn't know since you were passed out, but Monomi got blown up by Monokuma's robots," Nagito seemed to  noticed my confusion and explained to me.

"O-Oh... I see..." I nodded in acknowledgment.

"Ah, so that's why you were surprised?" Monomi's face contorted into what looked like a smile, "Pffft, hehehe! Don't worry about that!" She laughed.

"After all, I can never die!" She shouted gleefully.

"I see... You must be an undead abomination, risen from the foulest depths of the Netherworld by black magic," Gundham let out an amused smile, "Do you want me to make you my thrall?" He gasped.

"Monomi's a mechanical stuffed animal, right? Doesn't that mean she can't die in the first place?" Chiaki suggested.

"Now that you mention it... She would only need a spare or something...." Kazuichi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"A spare?! What a mean thing to say!" The diaper baby cried.

"However, you have arrived at the perfect time. There is something that I would like to ask you," Byakuya looked at Monomi with his arms crossed, "What is the meaning of this timer? Come on, answer me," He demanded.

"Huh? Countdown....?" Monomi asked and looked up at the giant countdown.

"HU-WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAT?!" She shrieked.

"U-Uhm... I'm sorry...I....don't know what it is...." She apologized.

"You really don't know....?"

"I-I'm sorry! I don't have a single clue on what Monokuma is up to..."

I sighed, getting bored of the situation. I looked down at my feet and stared at the concrete ground for what seemed like an hour while my classmates continued to talk about some sort of secret organization that was behind all of this.

"There will definitely be a clue about the enemy on this island somewhere. Let's start looking," And with Byakuya's words, we all separated into groups.

"Hey, Y/n," Nagito called out.

"Hmm?"

"Wanna go exploring with Hajime and me?"

"Sure."

The three of us continued to look for clues around the island until the day ended.