Chapter Four 04

We all had finished investigating the Strawberry House. We were now all currently at the first floor, crowded around the elevator

"Yoohoo! How are you guys doing?" Monokuma greeted, "Were you able to get a general idea of Strawberry House's side?"

side?

"Side? What do you mean by that?" I asked the Monochrome bear.

"Now that you mention it.. If you say it like that...it sounds like there are other buildings," Nagito commented.

"Of course!" Monokuma cheered, "That's why there's this thing called the contact elevator!" The bear gestured to the elevator behind him.

"Contact elevator... you say?"

"This is an elevator that travels along a rail, so even moving horizontally is as easy as pie!" Monokuma explained the details of the contact elevator.

"Where does the elevator go exactly?" I questioned.

"To the Grape House, of course!"

Grape house?!

***

We all stepped out of the contact elevator to reveal a brightly colored room filled with moving grapes from top to bottom.

"So this is the Grape House..." Hajime muttered and continued to roam his eyes around.

It's as unsightly as the first one...

"Okay! Welcome to Grape House!" Monokumaa cheered, "Now then, allow me to explain Grape House!"

Monokuma pulled out a map showcasing the entirety of Grape House, "Tadaaaa! This is Grape House in its entirety!"

Monokuma began to explain the interior of the house, "Let's start with the 1st floor!"

"Ahem, aside from the fact that there's no Final Dead Room, it's basically no different than Strawberry House."

"Just like how there's a Strawberry House over there, there's a Grape Hall on the other side..."

"And when you go through Grape Hall... That means there's a Grape Hall."

"The 2nd floor of Grape House is the same as the second floor of the Strawberry House."

"I've prepared five guest rooms of different types, along with a relaxing lounge."

"But the main attraction of Grape house is obviously the third floor... The Monokuma Archive! Everyone loves the Monokuma Archive!"

"If you wanna know about my proud accomplishments and contributions, feel free to study the literature there!"

Like anyone would want to learn about you.

"Now then, this concludes the tour, but I believe it'd be difficult to understand if I just explain it in words..." Monokuma scratched the back of his neck, "So feel free to explore!!"

"Now that I'm done explaining, any questions?"

I felt my stomach growl.

Wow, how convenient.

"That reminds me... Where's the food? I'm starving," Akane asked the question that has been on my mind.

"Huh? Is that necessary?" Monokuma tilted his head as Akane just asked an irrelevant question.

"Necessary? Of course it's necessary!" Akane argued.

"But it's supposed to be an escape game, so how can there be any tension if there's no limit?" Monokuma covered his mouth with his paws and laughed, "Sooooo~ I've decided to use your stomachs as the limit!"

"What do you mean...?"

"Well, simply put... It means you gotta kill someone before you starve to death!" The sadistic bear cheered.

"What the heck?!"

"Puhuhuhuhu! If you're planning on killing someone then I suggest you do it soon! It'll be too late if you get so weak you have no energy left to kill!" And with that, Monokuma disappeared leaving us in complete shock.

"H-Hey! W-What the heck?!"
"Starve..?"
"W-Was he serious about there being no food...?"

Voices of denial rang throughout the floor while I just calmly stood there.

"Now, now everyone. Let us not waste our energy on unnecessary things and try to explore the house, hmm?" I suggested.

"H-How the fuck are you so calm?!" Fuyuhiko glared at my calm stature.

"How am I so calm? Well, it's because I'm used to Monokuma's antics," I stared at the yakuza and started to walk away, "C'mon, Let's go Nagi," I ushered for the luckster to come with me.

***

We all had finished investigating the Grape House and were currently at the Grape Tower to discuss our findings.

"I found a telephone at the lounge with a Strawberry button on it! I think that the telephones might be a way to communicate between houses!" I reported.

"My discovery may not be much but... The guest rooms on the 2nd floor are similar to the ones at the Strawberry house," Fuyuhiko added, "The lounge here is also similar to the lounge at Strawberry House."

Everyone continued to report their findings until Monomi appeared, courtesy of Nagito calling for her.

"So the lost child is you....?" Fuyuhiko looked at the rabbit.

"Right?! That's how people react, right?! Well, I figured that's how you all would react!" The rabbit cried, "It's okay... I won't be depressed anymore... I'm used to it now..." I looked at Monomi with sympathy.

"Um... did Monokuma bring you here as well, Monomi?" Sonia brushed off Monomi's previous statement and asked.

"Yes... I'm so ashamed of myself... for getting tricked by him..." Monomi sulked, "I have failed as a teacher!"

"Nobody  here considers you as our teacher to begin with..." Fuyuhiko grumbled.

"T-That hurt!" Monomi cried out.

"Hey... uhm... Is it all right if I go now?" Chiaki spoke up.

"This is what you mentioned earlier, right? About the structure of the Funhouse?" Hajime recalled.

"The structure of the Funhouse...?"

"Well, I've come to a conclusion," The gamer began, "The Grape Tower that we're currently in, and the Strawberry Tower that we were previously in...."

"I think they're actually the same building."