Chapter Three 05

Nekomaru, Kazuichi, and Mikan all left the restaurant, with an injured Fuyuhiko, and made their way towards hospital.

Hiyoko stood there in shock.

"Hey Hiyoko, I've been thinking about this for a while but...." Chiaki spoke for the first time today, "What would Mahiru say about all this? I know you guys were best friends, so what do you think?"

"What... would Mahiru say...?"

"She'd probably get mad.... extremely mad..." Hiyoko started, "And after she got mad..." She trailed off and stayed silent.

This must be really hard for her....

"Hmm? What a rare occurrence," Nagito had entered the restaurant.

"Nagi!" I greeted and ran up to him.

"If you're thinking about saying something inappropriate again... Now's not the time," Hajime glared at Nagito which made me glared at the ahoge boy in return.

"Nagi never says anything inappropriate!" I defended.

"No, it's not that," Nagito turned to me and smiled, making me calm down, "Does anyone know where Akane is?" I looked around to find the gymnast and indeed, she wasn't here.

"That's strange.... Normally she'd be here eating everything..." I started to ponder.

"It is strange! Akane wouldn't miss breakfast!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"Hmm, I have a bad feeling about that... too," Chiaki pulled her hoodie up.

"A bad feeling...?" Hajime asked.

"I mean... hasn't she been acting a little weird these past few days?"

"She's always weird," Gundham uttered.

That's rich coming from you.

"Mmmm, but I'm a little worried though..." Chiaki trailed off.

"Me too.... Maybe we should check up on her?" I suggested.

"Leave Akane to Ibuki!!" Ibuki exclaimed and went off to go to Akane.

After that, we all ate in awkward silence.

***

The sun had already set. I was inside Nagito's cabin with my back against his chest and his arms wrapped around me.

Nagito was playing with my hair while I just laid there, enjoying every single bit of it.

"I really am lucky..." He whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Just imagining the bad luck that's waiting for me makes me all tingly!" I turned to look at him to see sweat running down his delicate features.

"Hey, Nagi...." I called out to him.

"Yes?" 

"I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but... how exactly did you get into the school as the Ultimate Luck Student?" I asked in pure curiosity.

"You... You really want to know more about someone like me?"

"Uh-huh!"

"If that's what you want... I was chosen by a lottery... I refused at first, but the school persisted that they wanted me to go to observe my so called 'talent'. I don't really understand why they would want someone like me to pollute their school full of hope," I frowned at the way he described himself, but brushed it off.