Chapter Three 01

I was making my way (downtown, walking fast–) to the hotel restaurant with Nagito by my side, hand-in-hand.

We entered the restaurant only to feel an unbearable aura radiating throughout the room.

"W-What is that thing?!" I pointed towards the corner of the room.

"Wow... This is a very hopeless object..." Nagito shook his head, "It doesn't belong in a hopeful place like this at all... It's absolutely brimming with malice..."

My first instinct was to jump in front of Nagito, shielding him,"Don't worry, Nagi! I'll protect you!" I exclaimed.

"Let's just hurry up and destroy that thing. I can't stand to look it anymore,"

"Allow me to destroy it, Nagi!"

"No, allow me! Stand aside, mortals, for I shall destroy this barbaric false idol into pieces!" Gundham walked over to the object.

Hiyoko stood there in shock at our reactions, "WAAAAAAH!" She cried.

"Now that those two are here.... do you still think we're splendid?"  Hajime spoke to Chiaki while he pointed towards Nagito and me.

"Hmm... Looks like it's gonna take a little more time..." Chiaki sighed.

"...I completely agree..." Hajime sighed as well, his ahoge drooping down.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What are they talking about?" I thought.

Chiaki turned to us and explained that the object that we wanted to destroy was actually a shrine to remember Mahiru by. Apparently, Hiyoko was the one who created it.

I nodded my head in understanding and went to grab two plates of food for Nagito and me. I handed Nagito his breakfast and we ate in comfortable silence.

***

After a while, we all finished eating.

"Phew, I'm stuffed! I can't eat another bite!" Akane leaned back against her seat and patted her belly.

"Man... You sure do eat a lot. Don't you ever worry about choking on your food?" Kazuichi asked the gymnast.

"I never get worried!" She let out a carefree smile.

Just then, Monomi appeared, "Okay everyone! Can I have your attention please?"

"Oh, it's you... Monomi... what do you want?" Nekomaru looked down at the rabbit.

"Man, the fun mood is over now thanks to you," Hiyoko pouted.

"Hu-wha-wha-wha?! Did I just ruin the mood?!" Monomi gasped.

"Jeez, don't treat me so harshly! I did my very best today too!" Monoomi smiled.

"Hey... who the hell are you? We're talkin' about somethin' important. Go away," Akane glared at the rabbit.

"Okay, I'm sorry..." Monomi looked at the ground and frowned apologetically, "Wait, nooo! I definitely don't want to be treated like an outsider!" She dramatically exclaimed.

"What do you mean 'I did my very best'?" Hajime questioned.

Monomi perked up, "Ah, You finally asked me!" She grinned, "Well, once again I have defeated another Monobeast! How do you like me now? I worked hard didn't I?"