Chapter Three 03

Nagito and I were about to go into the electric avenue until Sonia appeared.

"What's the matter, Sonia?" I asked the princess.

"It appears that Mikan has made a very serious discovery at the hospital," Sonia stated.

Discovery..? What is it?

"Anyway, please hurry. We will be waiting at the patient's room at the back of the hospital's first floor," And with, she left.

"I guess we better go to the hospital then..." Nagito said.

"Y-Yeah..."

We postponed our trip to the electric avenue and made our way to the hospital.

***

Nagito stayed at the hospital lobby while everyone was at the room in the far back.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I asked him for the umpeenth time.

Nagito chuckled at my persistence, "Yup, after all.... Trash like me has no right to go along with Ultimates like them... I'd just be nuisance..." I frowned at his words and grabbed his face with my hands.

"How many times do I have to tell you? You! Are! Not! Trash! You are an amazing human being that deserves to be loved! Heck, you're so amazing that I can't even describe it in words! I'm still new to this whole being able to feel thing, but I just know that every emotion I feel when I'm with you is good. You make me experience new things every single day and I am grateful for it. And earlier today... when you defined to me what hope is.. I finally realized that you.... you are my hope..." I finished with my ramblings as Nagito just stared at me in shock.

"W-What...? W-Why are you staring at me like that...? Is it because of something I said?! I... I'm sorry if you didn't get what I was saying... I'm not really that good with words and– w-WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?!" I panicked as I saw salty tears flow from Nagito's beautiful gray-green eyes.

"T-This is the... the first time someone has ever said that to me..." He cried.

I looked at him in shock and hugged him tightly, "Shh... It's okay... Just let it all out..." I rubbed circles at his back to comfort him.

"All my life... I had longed for someone to love me... To be with me....  To spend time with me.... To give me hope.... I never imagined I would encounter them at a killing game full of despair," Nagito chuckled.

I pulled away from the hug to see that Nagito had stopped crying and gave him a toothy-grin, "Don't worry, Nagi! I'll prevent you from getting in danger even if I have to risk my life for it...!"

"Please don't... I want you to live... To live and be with me..." My face lit up at his words.

I cleared my throat, "T-Then... I'll prevent you from getting in danger even if I have to do a bad deed.....!" I rephrased.

"Y-You would...?"

"Anything for my Darling Nagi!"