Chapter Two 07

I walked towards the diner at the 2nd island wearing my f/c colored swimwear.

I opened the glass door of the diner and stepped inside, "Hello, everyone!" I waved enthusiastically.

"Y/n!" Ibuki squealed and engulfed me in a hug.

"Woah there–"

"Huh?" I was cut off by Mikan who seemed to have spotted something out of the window, "G-Guys! L-Look...Outside...! There's something outside...!" We all turned towards the window.

"Isn't that... Hiyoko..?" Hajime asked.

"Jeez, don't get my hopes up. I thought it was Miss Sonia," I rolled my eyes at Kazuichi's remark and turned to look at Hiyoko. The kimono wearing girl seemed to be... crying..?

"She... She's crying," I pointed out.

"If I had to describe it as a song title... it'd be 'Sprint of Tears'!!" Ibuki exclaimed.

"She seems to be running from the beach... Did something happen?" Mikan added.

We all stared as Hiyoko continued to run past us at full speed.

"She totally ran past us... wasn't she part of the Beach Crew?" I stared at Kazuichi.

"How did he know that?!" I looked at him suspiciously.

"A-Apparently she can't swim so she turned us down..." Mikan explained.

"But she... Didn't she just come running out of the beach?" Kazuichi pointed out.

"I-I'm sorry... I don't really know all the details about that..." Mikan apologized.

"Hang on, I'll go check–" I was about to turn around and head for the door until, "My my, how disappointing. I thought if I came early I'd be the first one to arrive..." Chiaki entered the diner in her swimsuit.

I looked over at Hajime to see him staring like an idiot. I stiffled a laugh, "I ship it."

"Whoaaaaaa! Chiaki, you came wearing only your swimsuit?!" Ibuki asked.

"I didn't want to carry it with me. If I did, it'd be a serious burden," Chiaki explained.

S-Serious burden?!

"But... even though you didn't want to carry anything, it looks like you're carrying something," Kazuichi pointed out the obvious.

"Instead of bringing lunch for everyone... I brought ice cream," She gestured to her backpack.

Ice cream...! It's been forever since I ate ice cream...

"Maybe I could bring Nagito to an ice cream parlor once we get out of this island!" I blushed at the thought, "It'd be like a date...Just Nagito and I..." I began to daydream.

My daydream was ruined by Mikan's scream, "EEEEEEK! Akane?! Wh-What happened to you?!" I looked at the new-comer to find her covered in...blood?!

"Wh-What...? Is somethin' wrong? I made sure... to wear a swimsuit this time..." She trailed off.

She's loosing a lot of blood.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards Akane.

"You're loosing way too much blood. Come on, let's get Mikan to bandage that up for you," I led the brunette girl to the bathroom, followed by Mikan.

The three of us entered the bathroom with Mikan immediately rushing to treat Akane's wounds.

"What happened that caused you to get this bloody?!" I asked the gymnast.

"Well... On my way here I happened to run into... Ow!" Akane winced as Mikan applied some water on an open wound.

"S-Sorry," Mikan apologized.

"A-As I way saying.... I happened to run into coach Nekomaru... And when that happens... I just gotta fight him you know?!" Akane exclaimed.

I facepalmed, "Care to tell me all about your fight with Nekomaru?" I asked which seemed to have made Akane happy.

"Sure!" And with that, Akane began explaining her fight in great detail while Mikan and I continued to listen.

***

"And then, he grabbed me by the foot and–"

Ding dong bing bong

Akane was cut off by the chime of a bell.

"Huh?" I looked around the bathroom to find that the monitor in the corner of the room had lit up to reveal Monokuma.

"I-Is there an announcement...?" Mikan asked.

"A body has been discovered!" The monochrome bear cheered, "Now then, after a certain amount of time a class trial will begin!" The screen turned black leaving the three of us in complete shock.

Another... body...?