Chapter Five 07

I dashed towards the Plushie factory and opened the door to be greeted by everyone crowding around a truck filled with a mountain of bombs.

"Y/n!" Hajime greeted.

I walked up towards the truck to examine it. There seems to be two cords connected to the truck's engine and into a metal box with a card scanner on top of it.

"Huh?" I turned my head to look at the laptop that was on top of the stopped conveyer belt.

"Was this here when you guys last came here?" I asked the others.

"No... but it might contain something important..." Hajime walked towards the laptop and pressed the on button to reveal a video.

"Why hello everyone... Good work..." Nagito's face appeared on the laptop's monitor, "So you really found the bombs, huh? Believing in you guys was definitely worth it."

"N-Nagito!" Hajime gasped in shock.

"It looks like a video message from Nagito..." Chiaki pointed out.

"A video message?! If he's got something to say then he can just say it to our faces!" Akane glared at the laptop.

"Just hold on... For now, let's just watch this through the end..." We stopped talking and continued to watch the video.

"Now then, now that you guys have found the bombs, all you need to do it stop it," Nagito began to speak again, "To tell you the truth, it's actually not that hard to do...."

"See that card reader on top of the metal box? All you need to do is scan an e-Handbook and it will automatically disarm all the bombs."

"All right! Just leave it to m–"

"However..!" Nagito cut off Akane's sentence, "If you want to disarm the bombs then you have to use the traitor's student handbook."

"To be honest... I found out who the traitor was after secretly monitoring everyone's activity..."

"But I was a bit annoyed when they never came out.."

"So if things stay this way... it'll look like I lost, right?"

"That's why I was thinking I should have another battle.."

"Now then, I wonder how this is going to end? Will the traitor's identity be finally revealed?" And with that, the video ended and the screen turned black.

The traitor's handbook?!

"S-So that's it... this is also a trap... to lure out the traitor..." Fuyuhiko gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

"Step aside..." Chiaki calmly spoke and took out her e-handbook and placed it on the card reader.

Bzzz!

Noise came out of the reader meaning that it was wrong.

"Looks like... it was wrong..." Chiaki pointed out and placed her e-handbook back inside her pocket.

The gamer turned to look at us with a calm expression, "Who's next?"

"W-What are you doing?! If we mess up, the bombs might go off!" Kazuichi panicked.

"But they didn't..." Chiaki responded.

"T-That's just a fluke! Don't act so careless in a situation like this!" Kazuichi scolded the gamer.

"W-Well I guess Chiaki's not the traitor..." Fuyuhiko let out a sigh of relief, "I don't think the traitor would've swiped their handbook right away like she did..."

"So what are we gonna do..? Who's next?" Akane crossed her arms.

"L-Like I said, don't act so careless. Swiping the wrong card might be safe, but only once y-you know!" Kazuichi tried to reason.

"Hey... what happened?" Fuyuhiko pointed out the sudden quietness.

"Huh?" Kazuichi walked towards the car and checked the engine. As soon as he took a peek of the engine, Kazuichi's face turned pale, "I-IT'S OUT OF GAS!" The mechanic shrieked causing everyone to panic.

"W-What did you say?!"

"What's gonna happen if there's no gas?!"

"THAT THING'S GONNA BLOW!"

With those words, we immediately ran towards the exit.

We were about to open the door until the door opened by itself to reveal Sonia, "It is all right! It is not a bomb!" Sonia's words made us stop in our tracks.

"S-Sonia..? What do you mean?" As soon as Hajime said those words, the factory began to be filled with dazzling light.

Are these... fireworks..?

"W-What the hell?!"

"Looks like they were fireworks..."

"F-Fireworks?!"

We all continued to stare at the popping lights as it slowly began to decrease in intensity.

"I-IT WASN'T A BOMB?!" Kazuichi was the first one to speak after all of the fireworks were gone.

"So it is just as I thought," Sonia nodded her head.

"Hey everyone. Look over there..."Chiaki pointed her finger at the laptop that was lit up again. We immediately rushed towards the laptop.

"So..? Were you surprised?" Nagito's face appeared, "Seriously... think about it. Do you really think that there're enough bombs to blow up the entirety of Jabberwock Island?"

"Even if there were... a guy like me would never be able to use them."

"So how did it go? Did the traitor come forward?"

"If I had to guess then... they didn't, right?"

"So then, which is it? It'd make me very happy if you guys could tell me."

"I'll be at the warehouse next door waiting for your answer."

"From there, we'll compare our answers, and I'll let you know who the traitor really is."

"See you later," And with that, the screen shut off once again.