0̴̢̩͓̭͇́̋͐̌̋̕͜͠3̴͇͛́̌̓̒͛͑̆̚͝

I awkwardly stood in front of Hope's Peak Academy's main building, waiting for a certain white-headed male.

"Y/n!" Nagito waved at my direction and began to run.

"W-Woah!"

Thud

I cringed at the sound of Nagito falling on the ground face-first.

I quickly walked up to him and helped him stand up, "Are you okay?" I asked and inspected his body for any wounds.

Nagito let out a chuckle, "I'm fine, I managed to find 1000 yen when I tripped. I really am lucky," I stared at the boy in disbelief.

Who the heck leaves 1000 yen on the floor?!

(1000 yen is somewhere around 9-10 dollars)

I dismissed my thoughts and smiled at Nagito, "Now that you're here, let's go to the cafe, shall we?" I held out my hand for Nagito to take.

Nagito stared at my outstretched hand with a shocked expression, "Hmm?" I tilted my head to my side.

"Is something wro–" I looked down at my outstretched hand, "I-I'm sorry!" I quickly retracted my hand.

"I-It wasn't my intention to h-hold hands with you! I-I'm really sorry!" I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I bowed apologetically.

"I-It's fine... I understand why you wouldn't want to hold hands with trash like me..."

"Who says you're trash? You're not trash!" I huffed at his self-deprecating remark.

"B-But–"

"Oh, jeez!" Without thinking, I grabbed Nagito's hand, "L-Let's just go to the cafe, okay?" I smiled and began dragging the luckster towards the nearby cafe.

***

We entered the cafe and sat down at the nearest table.

"What can I get you guys?" A waiter appeared with a notepad and a pencil.

I smiled at the waiter and said my order. I turned to look at Nagito who's eyebrows was furrowed in contemplation.

I giggled at his adorable expression which seemed to have caught the luckster's attention, "Is... something wrong?" He asked.

I covered my mouth the muffle my giggles, "N-No.. Nothing's wrong.." Nagito smiled and turned to the waiter to give him his order.

The waiter smiled and left us alone.

"So... Why would you want to hang out with trash like me?" Nagito turned to look at me.

I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw our eyes meet, "O-Oh n-nothing much... Just wanted to hang out with my n-neighbor is all..."

"Huh? How come?" He tilted his head to the side.

HOW ARE YOU SO CUTE?!!?!?

"Y-You're an interesting person... that's all..." I diverted my attention away from Nagito and to my glass of water.

"You think I'm interesting? I'm so happy! No one has ever said that to me before!" I opened my mouth to say something only to be cut off due to our orders arriving.

"Thank you," I gave the waiter one of my signature smiles and turned to look at Nagito who just finished receiving his order.

I took a bite out of my sandwich (or bagel, or donut idk whichever you prefer) and continued to observe Nagito (in a totally not creepy way) as he ate.

"Is it good?" I gestured to his food.

"Hm? Y-Yeah... Thank you for bringing me here," He gave me a small smile.

I felt my heart skip a beat at his smile, "N-No problem!"And with that, we continued to eat in awkward silence.

"I should've asked Chiaki for some conversation starters," I internally sighed and ate the last of my sandwich/bagel/donut.

I propped my elbow on the table and place my head on my palm, "So what do you do in your spare time?" I asked.

"You want to know more about me?" I nodded.

"Well... I like spending my time in the library and read."

"Woah, really? That's so cool! I like reading too!" I smiled, "What's your favorite book?"

We have something in common!

Nagito's eyes lit up in excitement, "I don't have a favorite since each book I read is individually amazing in its own way, but I'm quite happy that I have something in common with an Ultimate like you."

I smiled and continued to ask him another question.