Chapter Three 09

Hajime Hinata's Point Of View

I woke up to Mikan suffocating me, again.

"Hee-Hee...! Ngh...." Mikan mumbled in her sleep.

"M-Mi.....M-Mika–Mikan!.... I..... I.... can't..... b-b-breathe....!" Dark spots began to cloud my vision.

Is this.... what it feels like to die...?

"N-No... stop.... y-you're tickling me...." Mikan giggled.

I felt all of my senses go numb as darkness consume me.

"Finally... you stopped... n-now I can finally relax and s-sleep...."

".....wait–"

"H-HAJIME?!" Mikan finally let go of me.

Ah, yes.

Air.

"H-He's gone limp! H-Hajime...! Get a hold of yourself!" Mikan shook me awake.

"Urgh..." I groaned in pain and sat up from my bed.

"Ah, he's awake!" Mikan gasped, "Oh, I'm so glad! I thought you died from suffocation!" She cried.

"M-Mikan? Why are you here? The Monokuma Announcement hasn't aired yet," I asked the nurse.

"O-Oh! A-about that... I came to wake you up to tell you something, b-but I accidentally fell asleep..."

An accident?! How can that be an accident?!

I brushed off my thoughts, "W-What is it that you wanted to tell me...?"

"N-Nagito's condition has gotten better," Mikan smiled, "Looks like he got better overnight."

"R-Really?!"

"Y-Yeah... I wanted to tell you guys about it b-but Fuyuhiko's cabin was locked and yours wasn't s-so..."

Oh yeah... My lock was broken thanks to Ibuki....

"S-So please hurry over! Nagito can probably be saved!" And with Mikan's words, the both of us went to the third island.

***

Mikan had left Nagito's room since I told her to rest, leaving me alone with a sick Nagito.

"All alone with Hajime, huh.... Go away... I don't want to be in the same room as you...." I did what I was told and left the room.

I walked along the hallways towards the door that leads to the hospital lobby. I opened the door and stepped inside.

"Huh...?" The transmission light was blinking.

"The Monokuma Announcement hasn't even started..." I pushed the button making the screen light up.

The screen showed a dimly lit room with a step ladder and a noose in the middle.

W-What is this...?

Suddenly a person wearing a hemp bag and a hospital gown appeared on screen and started to walk towards the step ladder.

Slowly...

And slowly...

And slowly....

The person finally reached the top of the ladder and held the rope in their hands.

The screen went black.

I stared at the screen in panic and ran out of the door towards the music venue.

I.... I have to make it...!

×××

Cliffhanger yuh