Chapter 5

The Day of Departure

Today was the long waited day. The day when finally Ash will go to the Kalos region.

Everything was prepared. Ash gave the responsibility and duties he used to do to the other members. He explained the situation to all his pokemon who felt similar emotions like their trainer. He couldn't take all of them, but he promised to switch out between them every so often, to which they happily agreed.

Ash was all set. All of his things were packed and loaded in the private jet. His pokemon were in their pokeballs except Pikachu. But before leaving, he had something important to do. Something he does everytime he goes to another region, and this was no exception. Ash told Pikachu to go and wait for him. The yellow mouse knew exactly what he was talking about, as he instantly jumped from his shoulder to give him some time alone.

Ash took the stairs this time and went to the seventh floor where the hospital wing was located. He found the room he was searching for and entered. The HQ had both hospital and pokemon center as not only pokemon but also human had injuries to which they were treated for.

Ash closed the door. He looked towards the only bed in the room. Lying on the bed was a middle aged women, unconscious. He sighed and walked to the side before saying,

"Hey Mom."

Yes. The women was Ash's beloved mother, his only family, Delia Ketchum.
It's been three years since that incident and his mother still hasn't waken up from her comatose state.

Ash sighed before continuing, "I am going back to the Kalos region again Mom. Don't worry, just another silly mission. I am going to reunite with my old friends, which will be pretty exciting and nerve-racking, " Ash said, smiling weakly. There was no response from the older brunette.
Ash gulped and said again,"Don't worry about me. There will be lots of facilities so I will be fine. I can also eat a lot of food if I'm hungry, which I always am," he said with a  smile. That was a lie though. He didn't eat like he used to before. He lost his apetite a long time ago. Doctor said there was no saying when she will wake up, but he also believed in miracles, so he told Ash to talk to his mother which he did until this day.
That's the least he could do for all the trouble he caused.

Ash decided it was time he should go. "Well time for my departure." He got up and walked to the door. As he was about to get out, he remembered something.
"And yes, I won't forget to change my underwear," he flashed a smile before closing the door as he proceeded towards the terrace for his flight.

There was still no response from his mother. However, a small smile could be seen curled up in the corner of her lips.

The terrace of the HQ was big and strong enough to hold at leat a dozen plane at a time. Ash reached the terrace and saw his private jet waiting for him. His faithful rodent climbed up and nuzzled his cheeks against his. Ash smiled at his best friend before walking towards his flight.

Ash saw some of the staff members along with Lance were standing and waiting for him. What surprised him was the other two person.

A women with long, dark green hair with the same color as her eyes, which were always cold and fierce, but also very responsible, sometimes creepy as well, was none other than Sabrina, former gym leader of Saffron City and the last Elite Four member of Kanto.

Standing beside her was a young boy of Ash's age. He had dark blue eyes and a cap turned backwards as always covering most of his dark blue hair. He wore his usual red jacket and three-quarter pants. His name was Ethan Gold, first Elite Four member of Kanto.

He was a pretty strong trainer. After wining the Kanto league, he challenged the Elite Four. There were only three members back then due to Agatha's retirement. He managed to defeat Lorelei and Bruno before getting crushed by Sabrina. Seeing his potential, Ash offered him the position which he of course, accepted.

"Yo, Ash," Ethan gave his usual greeting. Sabrina rolled her eyes at his childish attitude and looked towards Ash with a smile.

Ash replied, "Hello Ethan and Sabrina,its nice to see you two. What brings you here anyway?"

Ethan looked towards Lance," Didn't you tell him?"

Lance just shrugged, seemingly giving the message he thought it wasn't important.

Ethan grunted before replying back, "Well I was given an invitation as well, so I am coming with you," he said with a grin.

Ash genuinely smiled and said,"That would be great. I wouldn't mind some company."

"And I came to tell you that I will be in-charge of things around here while you are gone, so you don't need to worry," said Sabrina with her usual cold tone which Ethan dislikes a lot.

"Thanks a lot Sabrina. I owe you one," the Champion of Kanto said gratefully.

Sabrina smiled and said,"You owe me a lot actually." Ash scratched the back of his head to that response.

Ethan stared weirdly at Sabrina. Seeing her smile so genuinely was something rare like finding a mythical. The times Sabrina smiled was always either evil,sinister or mysterious. Noticing his stare, the said women just gave him a look that was enough to send a chill through his spine as he averted his gaze.

"So Ash, ready to go? " asked the dragon master.

"Yeah all set," replied Ash.

"Good. Now before you go, there some things you should know."

Ash nodded and gestured him to continue.

"The plane will drop you off at the outskirts of the region just like you requested. When you reach the academy, Scott will escort you from there," said Lance as Ash raised an eyebrow. Scott knew about him as well but the last time they've met was when he completed the battle frontier challenge before continuing his journey. This should be interesting.

"Anything else?" asked the raven haired.

"Nothing. That's all. Keep in touch and let us know anything important."

Ash nodded.

"Well, then it's time for you to go then," Lance said as he stepped aside to let him enter the plane.

Ash and Ethan boarded the plane.

"Good luck on your mission Champion." Lance said as the plane was getting ready to take of.

Moments later, the private jet ascended to the sky and flew of to reach their destination.