Chapter 28

As soon as the Pokemon came out, it let loose a roar, sending shockwaves shuddering through the air and shaking the ground as if lightning bolts had come crashing down.

'What's with all the ruckus?' Pikachu thought turning around in its sleep.

"What a pokemon," said Clemont with wonder.

"That's an electric type legendary? So cool," said Sophocles, impressed.

"Whatever, Zekrom is even cooler," Iris said in a not interested tone.

"Tobias's next legendary is the Thunder pokemon Raikou," the announcer said. The crowd was delighted than ever. There was hardly any battle where you could see even one legendary. But this battle was full of it. People across Kalos were watching the battle with full interest.

"So Ash? Who will you send against this one?" Tobias asked in a confident tone.

"Glad you asked," Ash smiled and threw a pokeball.

A deep red crocodilian creature appeared. It had a powerful jaw, sharp claws, black long scales over its tail and body. Its glowing and menacing red eyes were hidden by a pair of red and blue sunglasses. The pokemon gave a loud and intimidating cry before going to a battle stance, excited to show everyone what it is capable of.

"He has chosen Krookodile, wise decision," said Cilan.

"Being a ground type might give it some advantage," said Brock.

"Raikou's electric power is still destructive so, Ash needs to finish this quickly," said Clemont.

"Ash is gonna win this, no doubt," said Max.

"Even if you use a ground type, it can't save you from Raikou's intense electric power.
Thunder now," Tobias commanded.

Dark clouds gathered above the stadium as thunder boomed in the sky. Raikou jumped high, preparing the attack as multitude bolts of lightning crashed down from the sky to the spot Krookodile was standing. The attack resulted in a huge explosion across the stadium as people were stunned at the amount of power the legendary hold.

'It's almost as strong as Pikachu's,' thought Anabel shielding her eyes from the flash.

"I don't think even a ground type can survive that," said Gary wide eyed.

"How much power can there be?" asked Dawn.

"Let's see if Krookodile has managed to survive that," said Gladion, sitting far from the others.

The smoke cleared slowly as the intimidation pokemon was on its knees. Tobias smirked, thinking it worked like it should.
Krookodile opened its eyes and immediately looked worried, as it started searching for something around the field, not even caring about the battle.

"Krookodile doesn't seem to be even worried about the destructive Thunder attack just a while ago, it looks to me its worried about something else," the announcer said as the crowd was watching it with curiosity.

"Here."

Krookodile turned around to see its trainer. He was holding the thing he was searching for.

"Krooko," it cried happily and took the glasses from Ash and put it back on.
Apparently, the shockwave from before resulted in sending its beloved sunglasses flying away. So, it was worried for the item.

"Ready to rock?" Ash asked with a smile.

The crocodile looked back at its opponent and let out a deafening roar, ready to crush the legendary.

"And Krookodile is back to action," the announcer said as the crowd cheered in response.

"Oh Krookodile," Iris said with a light chuckle.