Chapter 14

A wolf like pokemon came out. It had white mane and orange fur with emerald eyes. It gave out a long piercing howl that caused everyone to shut their ears.

Gladion's midnight Lycanroc came out of its pokeball, who was watching the battle from a little far. It seemed to have heard the howl.

"You feel that too?" asked Gladion.

"Lycan," Lycanroc nodded as it looked intently at its apprentice.

"Let's see how strong they have become," said Gladion with a serious expression yet smiling as well.

"LYCANROC! " The alola gang exclaimed happily.

"A Lycanroc huh?" Gary thought before looking again. "Wait, what form of Lycanroc is that?" he asked surprised.

"That's a dusk form Lycanroc, because it evolved during sunset, making it the only one of its kind," explained Lillie.

"Amazing. Pokemon evolution is always mysterious," thought Gary.

"That Lycanroc is so cool," said Max with gleaming eyes.

"It's even cooler when it battles," said Mallow.

Paul was extra careful because he was facing a new kind of Lycanroc, not to mention at a disadvantage.

"Look out folks. It's the Alola Champion's Ace pokemon Lycanroc." announcer said.

"Battle begin."

"Magmortar lets start things with smokescreen." The entire field was covered with black smoke.

"Clear it with Sand Attack," Ash countered immediately.

"Use fire blast," Paul commanded as the volcano pokemon blasted the fire type move.

Ash gave a nod as Lycanroc dodged it and then summoned large boulders from above towards Magmortar. The rock slide attack connected dealing damage.

"Lycanroc's got some new moves," Sophocles commented.

"Now, use Accelebite."

"Wha-?" Paul wasn't finished as Lycanroc slammed into its opponent while using bite doubling the damage.

"A combination of Accelerock and Bite," Lillie analysed thoughtfully.

"Stand your ground and use multiple focus blasts." Paul said commanding the super effective move.

"Counter," commanded Ash.

Lycanroc countered all the focus blasts with its glowing long horn.

" Stone Edge."

The wolf pokemon howled and slammed its paws on the ground, causing pillars of blue coloured stone bolting towards Magmortar.

"Counter with flame thrower," Paul said as Magmortar fired the attack, but was overpowered quickly as the Rock type move slammed into it dealing a massive damage.

"That's one hell of a stone edge," said Brock, impressed.

Paul knew it wasn't far when his Magmortar will be down as well, so he made some change of plans.

"Magmortar, return." Everyone was surprised but knew it was a good decision.

"Honchkrow stand by for battle," Paul send out the dark/flying type as the big boss pokemon gave a piercing cry.

Ash was surprised.

'He wouldn't use another pokemon who is at a disadvantage against Lycanroc unless...