Chapter 7

World Academy of Elites

Its been two days since the opening ceremony. People were still coming but less than before. Almost all of them were settled. Before the academic year started officially, the foreign people decided to have a look around the unfamiliar region. Girls were seen shopping, some decided to practice their coordinating and performing skills while the battlers trained.

In case of the guys, some decided to catch new pokemon, while most just challenged random trainers or battled among themselves. But they made sure to keep their distance from girls when it came to shopping, because they would drag them away from whatever they're doing to help them carry their damn bags.

There were five stadiums inside the campus. Four are just small while the largest one is used to held battles of Elites and Champions.

A familiar healthy middle aged man wearing a Hawaiian shirt, white shorts and a sunglass on his eyes could be seen walking towards a forest away from the academy. He was Scott, the battle frontier manager.

The reason he was here because one of his brains got invited to this renowned academy as well. She is known as the Salon Maiden of the Battle Tower, Anabel.

After ensuring that his talented brain was settled perfectly, he went to do another task that was given to him.

Scott went to the location that was given to him, which was a pretty huge clearing in a nearby forest. Professor Oak said he would be there as well.

Scott reached the clearing and looked around but so no one. Five minutes later Professor Oak arrived. As soon as Scott was about to greet him, he heard a voice coming from behind the old man.

"Why am I here again?"

The voice belonged to a young teenager with brown spiky hair.

"Gary, one of the important traits of a researcher is patience as well, you will find out soon," replied the Kanto professor.

The young researcher grunted at his grandfather's cryptic response but stopped as soon as he saw Scott standing there and smiling at them.

"Hello. It's nice to see you in person Scott. My name is Gary," the boy said surprisingly polite.

Scott replied keeping that smile,"Ah yes. I've heard about you young man. It's nice to meet you too."

Gary smiled, a little flattered from the recognition.

"Smart choice bringing him here professor," Scott said addressing Oak.

"Yes, I thought so too. It only seemed fair to me," said Oak.

At this point Gary didn't even bother to ask anything because he has been doing so since yesterday, but Oak just gave him cryptic response and noticeably, excited for some reason.

The professor looked towards his grandson, "Aren't you going to say or ask anything? "

"That's what I've been doing all this time," Gary said with a little anger. "Besides, It's not like you'll give any straight answer, so might as well have some of your patience,' he said sarcastically.

Oak sweetdropped as he said, " Yeah good point. But trust me, this will be worth all your time. "

"Oh really? How is tha-

Gary didn't get to finish his sentence as they heard a loud cry and gust of wind from above.

They looked up to see a large bird like pokemon descending from the sky. The bird landed gracefully as they stared at it with awe.

They instantly recognised it as a Pidgeot, but it was more than that. Gary did some research on mega evolution and he assumed this was Pidgeot's mega evolved form.

*Few minutes earlier with Ash*

Soon they entered the Lumiose city. It has changed a lot these past few years, and in a good way of course. They were hidden in the light clouds, so no one could see them. Ash was told to go to a forest which was near the academy. He was supposed to meet Scott there. From above, the academy was not hard to spot because, well, it was huge. Soon enough Ash found the location, so he told his loyal bird to slowly descend for a landing.

As they got closer, Ash could see the clear vision of a man wearing a Hawaiian shirt, white shorts, shoes and sunglasses.

"No doubt that's Scott," said Ash.

"Pika chu pika pi chu pika."

"Actually you do have a point. After all these years, who would have thought he kept the same outfit? What's with those glasses anyway? And people tell me that I don't have a sense of fashion," Ash said grumbling.

"Pika," said the rodent snickering.

Pidgeot chuckled a bit at Pikachu's comment. Ash shot a glare before saying,

"I got a lot better at it, thank you very much," he said sarcastically.

After discussing Scott's outfit (which is weird but amusing), they looked at the person next to him. Even from a distance, Ash could easily tell that was Professor Oak, who gave his starter pokemon and always supported him. Though he couldn't tell who was the third person with them.

"Well, here goes nothing, " Ash muttered under his breath as Pidgeot landed on the clearing.