Decorating with the Maitlands

After coming home and bringing in the perfect Christmas tree, Lydia heads up to the attic to see Adam and Barbara Maitland who are a deceased couple that haunt her step family's home along with Beetlejuice. The Maitlands are more nicer compared to him. Adam was tinkering with a model of the town until he catches sight of the teen. "How have you been?"
"I went tree-picking yesterday and we're gonna decorate it." Lydia tells the ghostly couple. "That's very nice, when we were alive, Adam was pretty finicky when trying to find the perfect one." Barbara tells her. "You know very well that it's got to have the right size, good scent and make sure it's straight and stable." She playfully rolls her eyes at her husband for his perfect tree criteria.

"Well, you might like the one being decorated." Lydia said pulling up a box of decorations for the Christmas tree containing some classy looking glass ornaments and tinsel.

"I'll head back down and probably decorate the attic a little."

They step family got to decorating the Christmas tree wrapping the garland, handing the ornaments and Delia making sure her step daughter is careful and reminding how expensive those are and hand-crafted, hand blown European glass ornaments she ordered online. "Wrap the garland from the top to the bottom." Charles tells her. "You tell me this each year." Lydia said getting it in the tree alongside the string of multi-colored and white LED twinkling lights.

"If only your new step sister, Catherine can see this tree." Delia said admiring how it turned out. "Nice, but going with that name." Said the gothy teenager eyeing her step mom's pregnant form.

Luckily there were some left over decorations perhaps the attic could use a touch of Christmas.

Once up there, she digs from the box holding some extra garland and tinsel and gets to putting them up. Adam heads over and tries to help her. "One thing about being dead, you don't have to use a step ladder." Barbara lends a ghostly hand too making the attic look Christmassy enough and got hold of two strings of lights.

"Careful when you plug them in." They cautioned. Lydia plugs them in and the room lit up looking magical. "This is beautiful." Barbara said admiring the sight before them. "My e-pal told me that anyone can go a long way with left over decorations."

The Maitlands looked back as Lydia tells them about her e-pal Cassi-B and Beetlejuice was all sus about her and told him that once she arrives in 2 weeks he won't be very sus. "We can't wait to see her either."

"Maybe if she can see you like I can." That's right, not a lot of people can see ghosts or whacky demons.