Counting Down the Days

Lydia crosses out a day off her calendar with 3 days circled in, one being her e-pal arriving, and the two Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with question marks with "stepsister" written in red Sharpie seeing there wasn't a given an exact due date on the birth and a doctor who saw Delia gave the guess that "Baby Deetz" would be born on the 24th more or less.

Her e-pal messaged Lydia about how excited she is to finally meet her face to face in 3 days and telling her of the highlights of her winter break from Juilliard and telling her that when she got accepted her friends, family and boyfriend Drake were "over the moon" especially Drake.

Chuck came into his daughter's room covered with flour, icing, pieces of candy and frosting. "Delia's in one of her mood swings while we were trying to make a gingerbread house and cookies."

Delia's mood swings did get out of control during the pregnancy especially during her final trimester she could go from nice to going insane and taking anyone with her.

"What am I gonna do?"
"Build it with her and don't cause any triggers."

This was gonna be a disaster and Cassi please come quicker. Lydia made it down to the kitchen and spotted her step mom biting the head off a gingerbread man and eating its head.

Delia caught a glimpse of her inviting her into the kitchen with the mess from her and Charles was evident. "I want to make the gingerbread house different from a classic one you'd see in Christmas cards and on this package." She slowly nods not wanting to cause any triggers her dad said.

Barbara and Adam watched seeing the two at work with the gingerbread house trying to avoid Delia's mood swings like trying to get through a minefield while wearing ballet pointe slippers for the first time ever. "If only we could help her. Remember when we did gingerbread houses?"
"I did and you almost sucked the piping bag of icing dry." Zinged Barb. Adam laughed with his wife as the deceased couple recounted that memory of them before they died.

"The key is to have a good icing consistency and the right candy placement." Delia tells her as Lydia doesn't say a word holding the piping bag of white icing and eyes at the candy pieces being set around the house like accents.

So far, it didn't go wrong as Chuck hides in the corridor listening to how it was going until talk about the baby came up. "I was curious to why you didn't pick on a name for your sister yet."
"I wanted it to wait until she's born. Dad said that the perfect name would come up once a new baby is born at least that's what he said." Lydia said placing black licorice on the doorframe of the gingerbread house. Her answer didn't seem to upset Delia which made Charles quietly breathe a sigh of relief. "My guru, Otho said that sibling jealousy is like venom, you gotta have to suck the poison out. Don't think of your sister as the center of attention it's not healthy."