Chapter 53

AAAAAAHH SIDEMEN TEN MILLION SUPREMACY I AM SO PROUD OF THEM !!!!!

ps thank you for 25k!

OCTOBER 3RD, 2018

I woke up to an empty bed, in Simon's room. We had fallen asleep around one last night, and it was now -

- eleven in the morning? Why hadn't Simon woken me up? It wasn't like him to leave with no explanation or at least a note.

But wait - I unlocked my phone, noticing a text message from him around forty five minutes ago.

When you wake up we're in the office room, we need to talk to you about something, love you x

That sounded ominous. And vague. And slightly scary. I sat up, looking around for something half decent to put on too go downstairs in, settling on one of Simon's hoodies and his old football shorts. Definitely not stylish but it would do.

I could hear voices as I headed down the stairs, seeing that everyone was in there - Simon, JJ, Josh, Freya, Vik and El. This seemed important.

"I feel very underdressed," I joked, walking into the room and catching all of their attention.

"Talia! hey, no you look great, come take a seat," Freya welcomed, pulling out a chair in between her and Simon.

"Alright, okay?" I said, still entirely confused why this seemed so serious. And why it involved this many people.

I shot Simon a curious look as I sat down, but he only returned me a simple smile, giving nothing away.

"Alright, so me and El have a sort of announcement, which could affect everyone here which is why we asked to have a meeting with you all. I've bought a new apartment in a different part of London, and El and I will be moving into it in December," Vik says to all of us, and I don't know about anyone else but I am shocked.

I look around, trying to read the room, until I saw everyone start to smile and to congratulate them, so of course I joined in.

"Congrats, guys! That's amazing, I'm just...you know, wondering why that will affect any of us."

"It will probably affect us because Freya and I have also been thinking about getting our own place, finally," Josh butts in, catching our attention. "And if we do, it's going to be difficult for just you three to afford the rent on your own -"

"- I'd just like to say, we would be able to pay for it, the three of us," JJ adds in, and this is becoming increasingly complex by the second.

"Yes, thank you JJ, but I think it's Simon's time to talk now -"

"- it is, thanks Josh, but, JJ and I were thinking about getting our own apartment too," Simon says quietly, and the room goes deathly silent.

What about me?

Where was I supposed to go?

"So what am I supposed to do? If you're all suddenly moving out?" I say quietly, and still no one answers.

"Can you guys leave us alone for a minute?" Simon asks the room, and everyone files out, still in silence. This is awkward, and definitely not what I expected to hear this morning.

"So what? You're just gonna move into an apartment with your best friend? Where am I supposed to go?"

"Talia!" He said suddenly, and louder this time. "Just hear me out. I was going to ask you to move in with me."

"You were going to what?" I asked, stunned completely.

"I have been working up the nerve to ask you for so long now...that was the reason no one was allowed to tell you they were moving out, because I wasn't ready to ask you if you wanted to live with me for real," he said slowly, and it all started to make sense now.