Hot Cider

Luz's POV

The walk home with Amity was quiet...I can't believe I pushed her into that water. I don't even know what happened, everything just...happened so fast.

"Amity I...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to push you in! I slipped on a rock I'm really sorry!" I couldn't help but apologize for the millionth time.

"I guess I wasn't paying attention..." I rubbed my arm and looked away from the sopping wet girl.

"It's fine, Luz" Amity's voice was stern but scary. It shook me right to my core and every time she spoke...

"I'm...sorry." I could feel my throat close and tears filled my eyes.

I feel so awful...how could I let that happen.

"S-so do you wanna get a change of clothes at your house then maybe go out for dinner...?" I asked, trying to sound as happy and excited as I usually do but at the end, my voice croaked.

"Today has been a long day. I think I'll just head home." We both came to the end of the trail and Amity pulled out her phone, texting someone who I presume was gonna pick her up.

"W-wait!"

"What is it now Luz?" Amity's voice sounded so defeated and tired...

"Let me drive you home! It's the least I could do!" I grabbed her arm, shooting her a smile, trying my best to convince her.

"Fine..." Amity agreed with a sigh, but she was letting me do this for her! I can make it up to her now!

"I'll text my sister to come get us!"

————————————————————————

"Get the hell in the damn car...your lucky my manger wasn't here today and Amelia agreed to finish my shift as long as I got you home safe, Amity."

My older sister Lucia greeted us with a not so polite greeting.

I opened the door of the car and saw a towel over one seat. I'm guessing it was for Amity since I told Lucia the whole situation and she grabbed some towels for her.

"Thanks for picking me up miss Lucia..." Amity awkwardly sat in her seat and looked at my sister clearly annoyed.

"Hey kid, here I brought you some of Luz's clothes to change into." Lucia handed Amity some clothes, then opened the door on her side of the car. "Luz get out, let her change." Lucia demanded as she slammed the door behind her.

"O-okay!" I quickly followed after her as I turned away from the car, waiting for Amity to change.

After a few minutes, Amity opened the car door.

"I-I'm finished changing..." I turned to see Amity wearing my purple and white cat ears hoodie and some black leggings I'd wear for a casual outfit.

Amity. Amity Blight. Wearing my clothes? In front of me?

"Oh my gosh..." Is all I could say as I stared at Amity Blight. Who was wearing MY clothes. I could feel my face warm up the longer I looked at her.

"Get your butt in the car, kid!" My sister yelled, she somehow already made it into the drivers seat.

"R-right!" I quickly hopped in the car and sat next to Amity as we exchanged smiles. "Thank you for letting me borrow your clothes, Luz." Amity finally sounded happy and had some blush forming across her face as we looked into each other's eyes.

"Aye, don't forgot I picked you two up and got you a new change of clothes, Blight." My sister remarked as she stared at Amity in the rear view mirror.