Forced To Be Friends

Amity's POV

"Mhm..." I could feel I was waking up, but there was something weird...I felt as if something was attached to me?

It felt like someone had their arms wrapped around my waist, with a tight pull and something pressing hard into my back...it was warm too.

"Huh...? I looked over my shoulder and I could feel my heart race and my face hurt like a sunburn.

"Luz..."

She clung to me like a koala and she was nuzzling her face into my lower back...she didn't seem like she was awake though...she looked so soft and peaceful. I wanted to move but if I did, I feel like I'd wake her up.

Still....I slowly turned around and hugged her. She didn't seem to even notice a difference, she clung to my waist and buried her face into my stomach...her hair was messed up but she looked so...adorable. I kept her close and rested my head on top of hers.

I never want this moment to end...

"Hm...?" I heard her squeak a bit, then tired, brown eyes glanced up at me slowly.

Oh no no no no no. Abort abort!

I tried to let go and move away but, Luz grabbed me and hugged me more. I could feel my face heat up even more than before.

This was so embarrassing....

"Good morning Amity, did you sleep okay?" Luz slipped away and sat up, looking down at me.

"Y...yeah."

I looked up at her in silence. It was morning and she already had her big, bright smile on...it was nice to see that early morning.

"Well, if no one's up, I can make us breakfast!" Luz smiled and climbed out of bed. I followed behind her, quickly down the hall and down the stairs, into the kitchen. As we were about to turn the corner, I could hear sizzling.

"Eda? Are you awake already? I thought you slept in the weeken-" Luz stopped in her tracks, making me bump into her by accident.

She stood as sturdy as a board, not moving at all as the sweet smile she always wore vanished, and she stared into the kitchen.

"Luz?" I tilted my head around the corner, and my eyes met with a girl with a red beanie and dark brown hair, but light brown eyes. She had a pink apron tied around her waist and she was cooking bacon quietly.

"Luz...! G-good morning...." She quickly broke the awkward tension yet, made it even stronger. She spoke quickly yet, weakly.

"Hey..." I watched as Luz rubbed her arm and looked away.

"I made bacon and eggs! I have two plates ready on the counter right..." Luz's older sister's voice trailed off as we both watched Luz grab the plate mid sentence and walk off into the living room, sitting next to the crackling fire place.

I quickly grabbed my plate as well, giving her sister a nod of thanks as I followed after Luz.

"Luz..." Lucia came out of the kitchen after a minutes without her apron on. She looked worried and hurt. I can't blame her though... I know their relationship isn't the best as of now...

Luz looked away and shoved her fork into a piece of egg and shoved it into her mouth roughly. Lucia stood in front of us as I slowly ate. The tension was... thick.

"Can we please... just talk for a second...? Please." Lucia begged and grabbed Luz's arm, pulling her up to her feet.
"Fine." Luz muttered and follow Lucia to the kitchen to talk. It wasn't a good place to have a talk like that because, I could hear them pretty clearly...