Forgive and Forget

"Hey, Little Fish."

My heart instantly swelled with happiness at the sight of him. He's come to apologize. He still loves you. But my mind warned me to be cautious. Don't fall for his charm. What he did is unforgivable.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curtly. "I told you that I didn't want to see you."

"I want to apologize." He reached out for my hand, but I shied away. Hurt was evident in his eyes.

"You think an apology is going to make everything better? An apology isn't going to get rid of the fact that you cheated on me because you couldn't control your urges. You think you can just come and say something charismatic, and I'll come running back?"

"Dani, please," Damon begged. "Just being away from you is driving my wolf insane. Lexi was a moment of weakness. It won't ever happen again. Just please come back."

They say that the eyes are windows to the soul. Damon's was wrapped in a dark cloud of depression. The Alpha authority was long gone, and replaced with a helpless human being.

"No," I said turning my back. His eyes were my weakness, but I refused to crumble. "You deserve to suffer. Now get out."

"Danielle, I'm begging you. It's like a hole has been punched through my chest."

I spun around furious. "How do you think I felt? You think you were the only who suffered?"

"I know I hurt you, but I want to fix things. I want to make things work."

"Prove it then. Right here, right now. Prove it that you still have feelings with me."

Suddenly his lips were on mine. Soft, gentle, yet filled with every ounce of fiery passion. His arms wrapped around my waist holding me close and allowing no escape. All at once, the fortress I built to hide my pain came crumbling down.

He pulled away leaving me breathless.

"Did I prove myself?"

"I don't know. Why don't you try again?"

He smirked and pulled me in for another kiss. I was led backwards and my back collided with the soft sheets. He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"Let me mark you," he breathed in my ear.

"What's that?"

"It doesn't hurt much. Marking is what binds mates together." He laced his finger with mine. "It's an act that proves they are loyal till death."

I hesitated to answer. It sounded like another act of possession, but he wouldn't suggest it unless he really wanted us to get back together.

"Just be gentle."

His eyes flashed black. He placed a gentle kiss on the place where my neck and shoulder met. A deep growl rumbled in his chest before he bit down. I let out a chocked cry. Damn, it hurt. He bit down harder and tears threatened to spill.

"Damon," I cried.

His tongue flicked across the wound until it stopped bleeding. He placed a gentle kiss on my mark.

"I love you, Dani," he whispered.

"I love you too."

Comment and Vote!