EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

"Riyen, I'm tired..." she said, while trying so hard to stop her tears from falling. 

 I looked at her with a smile. It hurts seeing my love crying, and all I can do is to be at her side.

 "Shushhh..."

She hugged me, and at that moment she burst out crying. 

 "Don't worry, I'll always be here, my love." 

 Little did I know, she's already decided.

 "I'm sorry that I have to do this to you. A-alam mo naman 'di ba? Hirap na hirap na a-ako. I don't have parents to l-lean on. Si Ellison, sinaktan ko din siya. W-wala na akong kwenta! I can't rule this kingdom in this state. So I am going to erase my memories and create another one. I know it sounds selfish and pathetic but this kingdom n-needs me. I'm sorry Riyen..."

 "Shhh, it's okay. I understand. I'll be always watching you even from afar, my Eli," I said and turn around. 

 I'm hurt but she's hurt too. She's just trying to save her kingdom, sino ba naman ako para unahin niya. She only thinks about what's the best so I should understand it. 

‎ I was about to walk away when I felt his strict hugging me from the back. I smiled bitterly. ‎

 "You can do it. Di ba 'yon ang motto mo? Then go! Don't hesitate. I'm here." 

 "Riyen..." 

 She's crying again. 

 "You know what? I really like how you pronounce my name, it feels like h-home," my voice broke from trying to lift up the mood. 

 "Please keep this," she said and handed me her bracelet. 

 "Return that when you think I'm confused again and I'll try to remember you, no matter what. "

 "No matter what..." pag-uulit ko. 

 That was the last time we talked. I never went to the palace again so she won't get confused. I already talked to Caine and she said she'll be careful. Every day without her seems so plain.

 All I can do is watch her achieve the things she wanted before. Hindi ko alam kung anong memorya ang ginawa niya at naging ganoon siya. 

 Makalipas ang ilang mga taon, walang nagbago sa mahal ko. Nananatili siyang maganda sa paningin ko at siya pa rin ang mahal ko. 

 "Stop acting like a fool!" 

Heto na naman ang kapatid kong si Dorothy. Siguro ay may nakapagsabi na naman sa kanya na kinuha ko ang proyekto na magiging dahilan upang masilayan ko ang mahal ko.

 "Did you eat?" 

 "Forget about her! She fucking doesn't care about you anymore! What do you want to happen huh?!" she shouted like my mom. 

 "Your mouth, Dorothy Gei. Did you eat?" I said while preparing the table. 

 "You're such an idiot, Kuya! Kinalimutan na niya tayo! Ako na kaibigan niya! Ikaw na mahal niya! She's so fucking selfish! Can't you see that?!"