Day 1

Holding hands!

Lezgo

---------

The sun kissed below the horizon, showering the two lovers in a golden light. It had been a long day, of Turfing, ranked matches, and even a few League battles, but finally the two were at peace. They had much to look forward to the following day; for the hibiscus-pink inkling was to get his first T shot, and the amber-hued octoling was to celebrate his anniversary of being free from his controlling parents. He leaned his head on the hibiscus's shoulder, simply enjoying the other's company.

The hibiscus smiled, grazing his hand over the jewel's. Their hands interlocked soon after. The hibiscus graved his thumb over his lover's hand, raising it up to place a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"I love you so much, you know that. Right, Army?"

Army hummed in content, a soft smile settling on his face. "You've told me millions of times, love. And yet..." He leaned up and placed a kiss on his lover's cheek. "They always fail to make me believe you love me more than I love you."

The hibiscus chuckled, taking his free hand and brushing his one tentacle away, tucking it behind his ear. "Now, I find that hard to believe. And why should we make it a competition?"

"You have a point, Aloha." Army said, allowing himself to move into Aloha's gentle touches. "If only we could be like this in public. I don't think they'd be too keen on an Octoling and an Inkling together."

"I suppose you're right." Aloha replied. "But we could do it. We'll break down that barrier for good. Besides, they all seem cool with Marina and Pearl."

"Maybe, but," Army to Aloha's other hand, squeezing both of them gently. "For now, it's just us. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

The sun had dipped below the city skyline, the dark sky now visible. The amber and the hibiscus stayed there for a very long time, in silence. Their only company being each other, and the stars.

---------

Was

Was that good? Did I do a good job?