Chapter 1 - Misery Buisness

My name, Jade

My Age, 23

My Career, Photographer

I had it all, a kind loving boyfriend, a job, an apartment, friends, my life was perfect. I just left it, him, them, everything. I now live in New York. Now before I tell you about the present, you need to know about the past. My Past.

I grew up in England with my family, at the age of 16 my family died in a car crash. My life plummeted. I cut, and tried to kill myself. I was at an all time low. Until I met Josh, we met in my senior year in high school. We hung out and I made friends with his mates. I lived, he pulled me out of the rut, mostly.

I fell in love with Vikk half way through collage. We began dating at the beginning of the last year. After school I became a photographer. Madly in love, with lots of friends. I was happy. I had everything. Until I was offered a job for a magazine in New York. I had to go. I packed up and left.

I remember in the airport with Vikk, I was crying and talking to him "You have to move on" I said. He was shaking his head "We can make this work" he said. I cried "You have to promise me, after I leave if a girl comes and you love her and she loves you, you will date her" I said. He sighed. I kissed him and said "Vikk, remember, I will always love you, my heart will always belong to you, no matter how many miles separate us, no matter if there's an ocean separating us." I kissed him again and said "goodbye Vikk, I love you" I left on my plane.

That was the last time I ever talked to him. I look about the same. Brown hair mid back. White skin. Short. Skinny. The only difference I had from before was the small scars on my stomach. I cut. Yes. I stopped after I met Josh. But without him. Without Vikk. The sweetest things are invisible.

Vikk now has a new girlfriend but I never stopped loving him. It just breaks my heart, I'm happy for him though. If he's happy. I'm good. My work is now moving me to England and I will be near them again. For the first time in 3 years I will see him again.

Present day

I get out of bed to an empty house. I get up and get the clothes I had left out on. I leave for the airport and fly to England, I am aware that Vikk has a new girlfriend, Simon is picking me up, him and Josh are the only ones that know I'm coming. I get off the flight and grab my suitcase I walk out and hug Simon saying "I missed you guys so much!"

He laughed and we catch up. I walk into the house and I immediately hear Ethan laughing, I walk into the living room and everyone is in there, they all look at me and smile. "JADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Harry yells and JJ tackles me, I smile. "Hey guys I missed you" I say. I hug each of them and we hang out for the rest of the night.

Before I go to bed Vikk walks into the guest room, he says "Jade, I just wanted to know, do ou still have feelings for me?". I freeze, I tear up turning away "No" I lie. He leaves and I crawl into the bed. The next morning I wake up and I remember last night. Josh walks in and sits on my bed he says "I heard you and Vikk last night, did you tell him the truth?" I look him in the eye and say "I still love him, Josh, when I said my heart will always be his, I didn't lie, Josh I love him. I know he has a girlfriend I started cutting when I found out, I would have killed myself if I hadn't been moved. Help me" I say crying.

He hugged me and I cried into his shirt. He rubbed my back and said "Forget about it, let's go hang out with the rest ok?" he asked I nodded and stood up. I get dressed in a Fall Out Boy tee and jeans, after Josh left. He comes back in while I'm walking into the bathroom, he looks at where I'm going and grabs my hand. "Jade, don't do this, god gave you beautiful skin, don't ruin it" I nod and. Leave with him.

We walk downstairs to find that the boys have some sort of singing game attached to the wii, Simon tries at a one but fails miserably. All of the boys try and after they start chanting "Jade Jade Jade Jade!" I sigh and grab the remote and choose Misery Business by Paramore. The song starts and I sing.

I'm in the business of misery,

Let's take it from the top.

She's got a body like an hourglass, it's ticking like a clock.

It's a matter of time before we all run out,

When I thought he was mine she caught him by the mouth.

I waited eight long months,

She finally set him free.

told him I couldn't lie he was the only one for me.

Two weeks we caught on fire,

She's got it out for me,

But I wear the biggest smile.

Whoa, I never meant to brag.

But I got him where I want him now.

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag.

To steal it all away from you now.

But God does it feel so good,

'Cause I got him where I want him now.

And if you could then you know you would.

'Cause God it just feels so...

It just feels so good.

Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

Once a whore you're nothing more, I'm sorry, that'll never change.

And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged.

I'm sorry honey, but I passed it up, now look this way.

Well there's a million other girls who do it just like you.

Looking as innocent as possible to get to who.

They want and what they like, it's easy if you do it right.

Well I refuse, I refuse, I refuse!

Whoa, I never meant to brag

But I got him where I want him now.

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag

To steal it all away from you now.

But God does it feel so good,

'Cause I got him where I want him right now.

And if you could then you know you would.

'Cause God it just feels so...

It just feels so good.

watched his wildest dreams come true

Not one of them involving you

Just watch my wildest dreams come true

Not one of them involving...

Whoa, I never meant to brag

But I got him where I want him now.

Whoa, I never meant to brag

But I got him where I want him now.

Whoa, it was never my intention to brag

To steal it all away from you now.

But God does it feel so good,

'Cause I got him where I want him now.

And if you could then you know you would.

'Cause God it just feels so...

It just feels so good.

I finished and received an applause, I blushed and sat back down, we spent the rest of the morning, well afternoon playing. But every time I say Vikk my heart broke again. All of the boys were inviting their girls over, including Vikk. I don't think I can handle this. Josh looks at me and I shake my head.

A/N

You like?

<3 DarkStar