Sore Loser

It popped up on your screen. Again. Feeling like it was taunting you.

Defeat.

And it was safe to say you were over it.

You truly didn't mind being a crew mate, in fact, sometimes you preferred it. Besides the fact that being the imposter sometimes caused you some anxiety, you found it fun to rush to get your tasks done and then go on the hunt to try to discover who the imposter was but after what felt like over a hundred rounds of being a crew mate and always dying first or getting voted out first for what seemed like the silliest reasons, you were excited to finally be the imposter.

But of course Corpse figured you out early on, he was too good and you knew that.

You accepted that defeat and it seemed luck was on your side, you were imposter once again. However, the luck didn't last long as once again it was Corpse who was getting you caught.

Finally in a third round, you had somehow managed to become imposter again. This time you were determined. You had to make it to the end this time. But alas, it was only a few rounds and it seemed Corpse was really trying hard to get you found out.

You huffed and switched your mic off for a moment, also switching your camera off. You were streaming with your friends, you were supposed to feel good but you were not feeling the fun in that moment. You glanced to your live chat, noticing that a significant amount of the messages were about how there was some trouble in paradise with you and Corpse after these rounds.

The two of you had met on these streams and instantly clicked. The back and forth banter very quickly became flirty and much like everyone else, you had melted for that voice of gold. It didn't take long for your viewers to start shipping the two of you. It also didn't help that your fellow streaming friends threw in some jokes about the two of you, sailing that ship even further.

But today, you really didn't like how he came after you.

You could hear your teammates laughing and chatting away as they rejoined in the lobby, but you were still silent. Until you decided you were signing off. Games were meant for fun and if you weren't having fun, you were going to get off.

"Hey guys." You called for their attention, switching your mic back on. "Something's come up, I've got to get off. Sorry for the quick ditch. Good game, everyone."

A jumbled group of voices all replied at once. A mix of things like,

"Hope everything's okay."

"Play again soon."

"Message me if you need anything."

It was sweet, really. And you felt bad for telling them a white lie, you all did genuinely care for one another.

"Thanks guys, enjoy the rest of your streams, bye!" You bid them a final farewell before moving your mouse to click on the leave game button. Then you heard him, that all too familiar deep voice.

"(Y/N), wait-" But you had already clicked disconnect.

The next action of duty was ending your stream. Which you also did almost as quickly as you had left the game and your friends. Your viewers had caught on that something was off, of course they did. When people watched you for hours at a time, the regulars could notice certain things.

After switching your computer off completely, you sat back in your chair and just took in some deep breaths. You ran your mind through tonight's games. Corpse really seemed to have made an effort to get you out early every game, even when the both of you were crew mates. The two of you did enjoy teasing each other, but you couldn't help but to think that tonight, he took things to a new level. As if he was trying to get a reaction out of you that wasn't just the playful back and forth.