Chapter 23

TWO WEEKS LATER

It's August 17 and Rylan has been weird since the party. He hasn't been talking to me much, he won't tell me what happened that night either. I'm getting a little worried, I haven't seen any girls at the apartment since that night. I'm just gonna talk to him again.

"Hey Ry?" I called. He came in the room.
"Yeah?" He answered"Why haven't you been talking to me a lot lately?" I asked.

He was silent. Every time I ask him this question he completely shuts down. "Listen, Rylan. I'm getting tired of this crap already. Just tell me!" I snapped. He looked at me with cold eyes and raised his voice. "I found out that some horrible stuff about a girl who I was just starting to-" He stopped. I ignored it and started getting worried. "What are you talking about?" I asked. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, he sounded calmer this time. "While you were drunk, you told me that you were running from the cops and that your mom abused you. You also said that a ghost killed your whole family." He whispered. My heart stopped, I know my face is probably pale. "I don't know what I saw though, your eyes turned green and you threw yourself out the window. I think I drank a bit too much too." He admitted.

My breathing quickened. "Julianne." I whispered. I shook my head. I can't leave again. I can't! I don't want to! Why the fuck does this always happen to me. "Mother fucker!" I pushed the lamp off the bedside drawer and started kicking the drawer until it almost broke. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" I screamed. "What the fuck? Dani! Calm down. Is it true?" He asked I stopped and looked at him, I was out of breath and took me a few seconds to find it before I spoke. "Yes." I breathed. The color in his face drained. He stopped talking for a few minutes. "What's your real name?" He asked. I looked down. "Skylar." I said quietly. I looked back up and saw his jaw tighten.

"Get out." He said. I knew this was gonna happen, I grabbed the bag with a few clothes and my jacket, and I left.

"Fuck you Julianne, you bastard." I wiped tears from my eyes. Hell no, I'm done being sad. Imma do something about this bullshit! That's right...

I'm going back to Texas.

I don't know how, or when. But I'm doing it now. I went to the side of the apartment building and climbed up the fire escape until I got to Rylan's apartment. I opened the window to my bedroom window and climbed in. I silently snuck across the hall to Rylans room and lucky enough, he wasn't in there. I opened the drawer where he keeps a wad of extra cash.

I wish this never resulted to this..

I took the wad of cash and snuck across the hall. I took a peek of Rylan. It was painful to watch this... I can't believe this.. The memories came flooding back.

Rylan was sitting on the couch, a beer in hand.

I eyes became watery as he took a long sip of the burning liquid. I cringed and walked to the window, I took a painful climb out the window. Knowing every move I make this week will be regretted, but this is the only way. I went to the bus stop and bought a ticket to my destination. I was about to get aboard and saw Rylan walking to a near by convenient store. He glanced around and saw me. I saw him questionably mouth my name. Then he called my name. "Dani!" He looked confused then yelled again. "S-Skylar!" He called stuttering. I looked at him with sad eyes and got in the bus. I took a seat and looked out the window, he started jogging towards the bus and the bus started pulling out. He began sprinting, but he was too late. The bus left.

I sighed and rested my head against the window. I have to go through this.. Again..

*~*~*

We got to the town in Texas days later and I was anxious to see what happened, and nervous. I can't get caught here.

I got off and put my hoodie on, I walked to a drug store, the same one from last time. I bought a bottle of black hair die. I went up to the cashier and I saw a picture frame. I was a picture of the little old lady from last time. It read:

In loving memory of Gladice Merrin 1-23-52 to 4-17-13
Loving Wife and Mother of six

I felt regret and sadness wash over me. I looked away. I ruined the lives of dozens of people probably. I didn't have to kill her, she didn't have to die. I just didn't think and it costed so much. The young man in front of me looked at my item and charged me. "$2.39" He said. I handed him the money and took my item and left. I went to a gas station bathroom and applied the hair dye. A half an hour later I looked in the mirror, ignoring the people giving me weird looks. I looked at my hair and it made me look very different.

I don't really look at my face a lot, but I studied it closely and saw something I never noticed before. Freckles. Very small and unnoticeable, they were almost as pale as my skin. I looked a bit like my mom, except she had navy blue eyes and I have greyish eyes, I don't know how I got grey eyes. My dad had brown eyes and my mom had blue, Matt has hazel eyes. Maybe the eye color were mixed or something, but I got more of my mom and Matt of my dad.

Wait, if Matt was adopted, why did Julianne not kill my dad when Matt was born? Was this all meant for girls? Or.. Antonio isn't Matt's dad..

We have different dads? Then whose Matts dad? I have to see Matt. Like, now!

_________________________
A/N: So hey!!!!! This was an extremely short chapter, and I'm sorry about that. Well, black won the vote, it was unanimous so goo black! Hehe.. No.

Okay well, vote, COMMENT, and keep reading. And I think I'm starting the near the ending of the book, I don't know.. Like I said, i never planned this book. I'm think of stopping sometime when I get to the thirties in chapters.

Bye ducklings!
_________________________
Vanessa