Chapter 37

Adams POV

I pulled away from the girl a bit repulsed, I tasted the alcohol in her mouth. I saw Skylar pass by like she didn't care, she really doesn't like me does she? The girl attacks my lips again but I pride her off this time, Skylar turned a corner and I ran away from the girl without saying a word. Turning the corner Skylar went down I found the street empty, the street was a dead end. Skylar usually cut through the grove of trees at the end of the block but she couldn't have gotten there that fast, not even sprinting. And trust me the girl is like a track star. Maybe it has something to do with what happened in the parking lot! I'm pretty sure I was just seeing things because the memory was blurred by me being a little bit of a man-whore.

I looked around and only saw a bracelet of the floor, it was just a regular black and red knit bracelet. I turned the bracelet around and studied it, in big red bold letters the name was sprawled across the bracelet.

Nadia

On the other side the date 4/20/14 was written in silver sharpie. The knit pieces were covered in red, I'm assuming it was the just the color of the bracelet but the red was in blotches. It was almost like.. Blood. Maybe it's from Skylars self-harming days. But who's Nadia?

Where's Skylar?

Maybe she took a shorter cut because she doesn't want to be bothered by me, the girl is insane to me sometimes but there was just something about her. I need to set things straight, I have to go to her apartment.

*~*~*

I finally got to her apartment and scoped around, the door was locked. I knocked on the door repeatedly, she had to open it at some point, or at least hear I can her voice. The doorknob finally wiggled and opened.

There was no body there, I searched the apartment when I heard rustling behind me. I turned and saw a boy, maybe 8 or 9. He had blue eyes and black hair, his skin was so pale it made the bags under his eyes dark enough to join the black parade.

He looked.. Dead.

"So you're Adam. I'm Andy. I'm sorry we haven't met in person, I enjoy my transparent form more than my physical form. Anyway, I'm Skylars great uncle. Nice to meet you, Adam." He shook my hand awkwardly. Uncle? He looked much to young to be an uncle of a 16 year old girl. Especially if he's a great uncle. His hand was freezing, no warmth at all. They weren't even soft, they were rough and my hand felt like it was going to go through his.

"I'm sorry did you say great uncle?" I said through his nonstop chatter. He stopped and stared at me, he pursed his lips before speaking. "Did she not tell you?" He asked. Tell me what? I thought. He let out a long sigh, "This was a mistake I'm sorry, but I must go." He was about to run but I spoke before he did. "Are you going to get Skylar?" He turned to me horrified, "Where is Skylar?" He asked, his voice shaking. "I don't know, that's why I'm here."

"It's not time yet. Something must've happened to her." He shook his head. "Will you tell me what the hell is going on?!" I was getting tired of the secrecy. "It's not my place to tell you, if you want to find out we must find her."

"Why don't we call the cops?"

"Cops won't help.. I know, they never helped me."

"What do you- "

"There is no time to explain that! We must go find Skylar!"

"Why should I trust an 8 year old?" I asked.

"You ask too many goddamn questions! You'll know them when we find her!" He yelled at me. I nodded and we set off through the town.

"Will this help?" I asked him handing him the bracelet.