Chapter 32 ~ Head-Over-Heels

Heather

Everything on this trip had been so perfect, I couldn't believe how happy I was. Of course things hadn't gone exactly the way I planned them this afternoon but I was equally happy with the result. I actually felt a lot closer to Josh afterwards, he'd really been vulnerable with me and shared something incredibly personal.

I almost couldn't believe it, but that just made everything so much more special. He wanted me to be his first, I felt flattered. In a way Josh would be my first too, the first person I'd ever cared about. I felt good about the decision to wait, he was right, I didn't want to do it that fast. Josh really did care about me.

I didn't know what was wrong with me anymore, I was so head-over-heels for Josh it almost scared me. It had been almost two months since school had been back, and in that time I'd actually developed feelings for someone.

I wasn't looking for trouble or someone that would freak my dad out. I wanted somebody who was just the opposite, and I found it with Josh.

We took a nice walk along the water late into the evening, once we realized we only had an hour to get ready for dinner we headed back up to the condo and got ready to go. I'd brought a dress just incase and now I was thankful it was in my suitcase with a nice pair of shoes. 

Josh was in the washroom across the hall, we both wanted to shower first so we just hopped into separate washrooms. But while he was out of the room, I wanted to find my presents for him. I meant to do all of this on the first night but the trip had really gotten away from me.

I didn't have too many things for him, just some stuff I knew he would like. I set out the gift bags and boxes carefully and then do up my shoes while I wait. He opens the door and I smile looking at what he had on.

I love, love, love Josh in fancy clothes. He was wearing a dark blue pair of dress pants and a white button down, he left the top two buttons undone, showing off that gold chain again. He'd taken off the bracelets and rings he usually wore, but his ear was still pierced, small earring shining when the light hit it the right ways.

He looked incredible, I felt warm watching him walk across the hall.

"Oh Heather, what's all this?" He asks, almost sounding worried and I smile.

"I couldn't just get you nothing." I blurt out and he sighs. "I know what you said and I'm sorry, but this is who I am and this is how my family does birthdays....so happy belated birthday." I mumble and he laughs a bit.

"You're so cute." He whispers, kissing my forehead. "You look nice." He tells me and I feel my cheeks get read. "Better than nice......you look amazing."

"Aw." I say, not knowing what else to add. "You look good too." I whisper, leaning in to give him a quick kiss. "Open them before we have to go, they're not ridiculous I promise."

"Thank you." He whispers and I nod, sitting on the edge of the bed with him. I pass him the first one and he pulls out the jeans I bought him. They were straight leg, black denim but they had rips in the knee. The day we went to the mall he was looking at them but I didn't want anymore protesting over me buying him things. So I went back and got them last week for his birthday.

"Are these the ones I was looking at in the mall?" He asks and I nod with a smile. "Wow Heather, thank you." He whispers and I smile. Then he furrow his eyebrows looking at the tag. "How do you know what size pants I wear?" He asks and I smile.

"I swiped your jeans while you were in the shower last week, I wanted to make sure they'd fit." I admit and he laughs.

The next two are also clothes, a vintage sweater I caught in a recycled clothing store window that I thought was his style and a nice pair of all white sneakers. He took them both like they were made of solid gold, going on about how special these gifts were and that I shouldn't have done all of this. I just laughed and passed him the last one, this was the only special one.