Chapter 24 : Never Apologize (Ep. 15|Part 1)

Hope's POV

I wake up to an empty bed and the smell of pancakes. I get up and see a plate full of pancakes with note on my side table.
"I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye, you just looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you. So I got you your favorite, so be sure to eat them. I'm at the library if you need me. I'm going to be a little bit busy. So I'll see you later - Josie<3" Smile to myself and eat the pancake then I get up and get ready for the day. I garb my things and I see another note, this time on my desk. It's from Lizzie, she must've transported it here.
"Hey Mikaelson. Meet me at the kitchen later. We need to discuss our plans. - Lizzie"

I leave my room and head to the kitchen when I hear the PA system turn on and Dr. Saltzman calling me to his office. So I change my direction and head to his office. I knock on the door andvo inside. I see him by his desk talking to Emma. He then gestures for me to go closer. He plays a voice message. It's from Landon.
"Hey, Ric. Sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time. So I'm going camping for a while. Hopefully I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me."
"

Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed? You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense." I suggest. "Hope..."
"Triad already tried to come for him once. It's not safe for him out there."
"We kept a massive secret from him, and
I think he just needs some time to process that. I think we should respect
his privacy and just wait." he replies.

He's right, but something just feels off. I nod my head and leave and head to the kitchen to meet Lizzie. I'll go see Josie later. She said she's busy and I don't want to bother her. I get to the kitchen and see that its an absolute mess.
"Was there a monster attack in here?" I ask teasing Lizzie a little.
"There you are. I got tired of waiting,
so I attempted a banana cream pie by myself." Lizzie explains. "Where is it?"
"In the garbage. I said 'attempted.' So we're gonna go back to plan A, and you are gonna make it for me." she states then she throws me her apron.
"Status update: Josie didn't come back last night. I think she slept in Penelope's old room, which is a really good way
to get hepatitis B."

Why would Lizzie think Josie is sleeping in Penelope's room, when I'm Josie's girlfriend. Sometimes I just can't understand Lizzie.
"She slept in my room actually." I correct her. "Oh okay. That makes sense."
"Have you slept at all? You seem a little..." I traill of not knowing what to say to not offend her.
"Focused? Motivated? On point?" she offers. "Sure. Yeah."
"Not sleeping in the same bedroom means that Twin Forgiveness Cuddle
is off the table.But she's been holed up in the library, so a snack offering should do the trick." 

"At some point, you might actually have to apologize." I reply and she gasps.
"Never apologize." she exclaims. "Okay." I like Lizzie and don't hate her anymore but how she treats Josie is just wrong.
"Trust me, okay?, This is what we do. I'm selfish, then she sulks, and then I offer baked goods." she explains.
"Someone else's baked goods."
"It's giving you something to do with yourself, isn't it?" I mean she's right. I have nothing better to do.
"Your turn for an update. Any word from our mop-headed elf?" she asks.
"He says he needs time to think." "Hmm."

"I don't know. I feel like if I could figure out the right thing to say, then he'd forgive me and come back." I say.
"So, practice." she suggests. I look at her confused. How am I supposed to fo that
"Emma has this prism that simulates a conversation. She makes me use it to talk to my mom and my dad
when I'm in a state."
"I'll trade you one prism for a banana cream pie." she offers. I chuckle and nod my head. I then start baking the banana cream pie for Lizzie. I'm taking my time in baking because I want it to be good, I want Josie to like it, even if she doesn't know it's from me. That is to say she will accept Lizzie's offer.