Chapter 67

Th13rteen 

Chapter 67

*

*

Alex...

Several weeks have passed and it feels like no one has gotten proper rest in forever. Magic lessons and sword fighting took up everyone's time. Aurelia and I have barely spent any time alone, and with the looming darkness over us, everyone was on edge.

Aside from being busy, it's been eerily quiet. No more attacks, no one has shown up possessed, and no more cryptic dreams or messages have made an appearance.

I don't like it.

I can feel in my gut that the final battle is coming, and I know it's going to be ugly.

I talked to Aurelia's Grandmother weeks ago about proposing. I barely got any words out before she excitedly told me I had a million blessings. It's the ray of hope that we need in this dark time. Well, at least that's how she put it.

I've been waiting to propose for a while now. I know we're in the midst of oncoming tragedy, but something has been urging me to at least pop the question before everything goes down. If things go south, I want her to know I want her eternally, without the pressure of a prophecy. I love her all on my own without it.

Today is actually the day I picked to do that. Well...the twentieth day...I chickened out the other times.

It took me a while to think of the perfect proposal, but the pressure of a magical fairytale moment was too much for me to piece together. So, I ended up with something simple. Just her and I in the garden, surrounded with all the plant and wildlife she adores so much. I also debated having our friends around, but after the severe lack of alone time we've had, I decided to be selfish and keep the moment to ourselves. Although, I do not doubt everyone will be hiding out in the bushes, eavesdropping on every word. I guess it's my fault for telling everyone that today's the day.

"Alex? Are you out here?" Aurelia's voice echoed into the garden a little bit away.

Shit shit shit, why do I keep getting so nervous.

My palms started sweating, my knees rattled, and I touched the pocket in my jacket for the millionth time, making sure the ring was still there.

"Yeah, I'm here!" I shouted to her.

I glanced to my right to see a few squirrels staring at me from a bush. I may not be able to communicate like Aurelia could, but I could tell by their smug looks, they were laughing at my nervousness. "Oh, piss off. Go find some acorns." I muttered, undoubtedly like a child.

"Ah, there you are. I was looking everywhere for you." She chirped as she entered the garden.

"Come on, Rel, it's our one day off, where else would I hangout?" I chuckled, turning to face her.

My laughter got choked out in my throat as my eyes fell on her.

I don't know if it's because I'm about to ask her to be my wife for the rest of my life, but she looked extra astonishingly beautiful today.

"You look absolutely lovely today." I pathetically squeaked out, leaning in to kiss her once she reached me.

"Thank you, Alex." She shyly blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "It still gives me butterflies when you say things like that."

"Well I still get butterflies every time I see you." I grinned, making her blush more.

"You are too sweet. How did I get so lucky?" Her smile took my breath away.