Chapter 39

Th13rteen

Chapter 39

*

*

Alex...

When we landed back at the Palace, Evan literally toppled forward, and face planted. I started to laugh uncontrollably before Aurelia smacked me on the arm.

"Don't laugh at him. He's not used to that." She scolded me.

"Oh my gosh, someone tell me what just happened?!" Evan pulled himself off the ground, majorly freaking out.

"We went through a portal. How else do you think we got here?" Nixie answered in a sassy tone.

Aurelia put a comforting arm around her terrified friend, and we all started walking out of the room. A guard was waiting outside to take Evan's bags from him, while another pair of guards escorted us to the dining room.

Evan stared at everything in extreme shock and awe.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, clamping a hand over his shoulder.

"I don't have a single clue. Are you sure I'm not dreaming?"

"I can assure you, young Evan, this is as real as it gets." Will called over his shoulder.

"I'm not that young. I'm almost twenty five." He grumbled under his breath.

"And he's two hundred and fifty-seven." I snorted at the shocked face he made.

He was speechless the rest of the way, but when we entered the dining hall, and approached the Queen, he paled and fell to his knees.

As Queen Alena hugged her granddaughter, she gave the human boy a strange look. "And who might this be?"

"Sorry, Grandma, this is my friend we went to visit. I kinda sorta brought him back? I hope that's alright." Aurelia nervously twiddled her fingers.

"That's quite alright. Welcome to the Enchanted Woodlands." She greeted the shaking Evan. "You may call me Alena, and you may treat this Kingdom as your own home. Anything you need, you simply have to ask and it will be provided." She told him with a kind smile.

"Th-thank you, Your Majesty."

"Come, let us eat."

At the Queens command, we all headed to the table. All the palace staff started joining and mingling in the large room, coming in and out as they pleased.

Aurelia, Evan and I were in the middle of talking about how life has been here, compared to on Earth, when Harry swiftly approached, changing the subject.

"Princess, I would like to address what the Prince said earlier today."

Aurelia gave me a nervous glare before turning to her guard. "What was it that Alex said again?" She tried to buy herself some time.

"No need to pretend, I heard loud and clear. You put someone to sleep with a simple command."

Aurelia sighed. "I did."

"How did you discover you could do this? This is not a usual trait of our abilities." He furrowed his eyebrows, catching the attention of the Queen.

"What can the Princess do?" She asked.

"I'm able to put things to sleep."

"Incredible." The Queen breathed out, staring at the table in thought. "It was said that the children of the prophecy would have rare and special abilities, but no one was able to determine what. Your parents and I always assumed it was just your regular powers being strengthened, with the addition of your light magic."