Chapter 14

Th13rteen

Chapter 14

*

*

Alex...

"Alexander, it has been three weeks. You must get out of bed."

I loudly groaned at the young woman who, contrary to my requests, pops in and out of my room unannounced.

"Lindsey, I told you to stop coming in here. I'll go to the stables if I want to talk to you." Which isn't very often, but when I do wanna talk, she shows up there. She says it reminds her of the farm she grew up on.

"As long as you continue to isolate yourself, I will keep coming here unannounced." She said defiantly. She used to be so timid and quiet around me, making me have to dig information out of her. Now, she has become much more brave and outspoken, making me wish she would shut up.

I miserably sat up, probably looking as pale and dead as her. My sleeping schedule and diet hasn't exactly been up to par lately.

"Sulking in your sleeping chambers will not fix your issues." She scolded, hovering an icy cold hand on my shoulder since she couldn't actually touch me. I shivered. The cold has never bothered me all my life, which was convenient for growing up in colder places, but her cold spirit energy never fails to give me chills.

And yes, I've come to terms with the fact she is a real spirit, and not just a hallucination. She's talked my ear off enough to prove it, yet nothing she says has been useful. She's droned on about her life when she was living, yet when I ask about how she died, and how it relates to my problems, she clams up and vanishes. The only thing I know about her death is that she was twenty two when she died, and she was stabbed to death. She refuses to tell me anything else, even the year, which I know has to be long ago since she's very old fashioned in the way she speaks and acts.

"Who said I'm trying to fix my issues?"

"Alexander, you need to live your life. This is not the end of the world."

"My world is nothing without Aurelia in it."

"Tis not true."

"It is, and I'm not leaving. And seriously, you can call me Alex." I stood from my bed, going into my bathroom. "So help me God, if you come in here while I'm showering..." I shouted through the closed door.

I heard her shriek. "How vile of you to think I would do something so improper!"

I heard nothing after that, leaving me to hope and think she left.

I stepped into the warm water, allowing it to relax me. These past three weeks have been absolute hell. I've literally been tearing myself apart with depression. I haven't really slept, and against my mothers begging, haven't eaten too great either.

The first week, Aurelia wouldn't stop calling or texting me, and I eventually had to block her, which hurt to do. She'd keep trying to talk to me every time she saw me on campus as well, but I avoided her like the plague, ensuring she wouldn't catch up. The second week, she kept coming here. I'd hear my mother send her up to talk some sense into me, so I'd sneak out the window and wander around the city for hours. This past week, she's given up.

The only times I leave the house, other than when I was running from Aurelia, are to go to school, or to chat to Lindsey in the stables. Other than that, I've been a sad little hermit.

I know I complain a lot about Lindsey, but I actually don't mind the little ghost girl that much. I just hate it when she appears unannounced, scaring the life out of me, and when she holds obviously important information from me. Aside from those annoyances, she's almost in a way kind of become my...friend? I don't know. She's been nice to talk to. Nothing helps make you feel better about your crazy problems than talking to a phantom, right?