Chapter 25

Against Fred and George's wishes, I didn't go to breakfast and instead went to my room to get ready when I knew that Hermione and Ginny wouldn't be there.

I had planned out what I wanted to talk to them about, but I wanted us to all finish our tests first. It also probably wouldn't have been the best time to come home after being gone all night and try to fix things up as we all rushed to get ready for the day.

I ended up completing my first test fairly confidently, skipping lunch and then completing my final test. I luckily didn't have either of those classes with Ginny or Hermione, so I just solely focused on the tests and didn't think about anything else until they were completed.

I was realizing that this was how I apparently solved all of my problems - avoiding them until it was convenient for me to deal with them. I knew that it wasn't the best way of problem solving, but I just couldn't worry about that when I had other things to deal with.

Eventually, the time came where I had put going back up to my room as long as possible, and it was time for me to go talk to Ginny and Hermione.

I slowly walked up the shifting stairs and made my way to the Gryffindor rooms, and before I knew it I was standing in front of our door. I took a deep breath and walked in to see my two friends sitting on Ginny's bed with worried expressions on their faces.

"Oh, Y/n, thank god," Hermione said and stood up from the bed, followed by Ginny.

"You guys, Ginny, I'm so sorry, I-"

"No I'm sorry," Ginny interrupted.

Hermione nodded. "And I'm so so sorry, it wasn't even my place-"

I shook my head. "No, 'Mione, you were just-"

Ginny interrupted, "I didn't even tell you, and I didn't even hear you out, I was just mad and-"

I interrupted her. "No, I should have known. You're my best friend and I can't believe-"

"You couldn't have known, I just-"

"Yes I could have, it was completely-"

"You guys!" Hermione exclaimed, causing all of our talking over each other to cease. "We're all sorry. This isn't going to work if we keep interrupting each other".

Ginny and I nodded in agreement.

"Gin," I said. "I'm so sorry that I didn't pay attention, and I'm so sorry I didn't consider you're feelings. I feel like a horrible friend".

"No, Y/n. You literally did nothing wrong. I think I could always tell that Harry had a crush on you, I just chose to ignore it and hope it went away, and I think just finally actually seeing it made me upset and I'm so sorry that I took it out on you. You didn't deserve that and I'm so fucking sorry".

"And I'm sorry too," Hermione added. "I had no place to get mad at you, I was just trying to stick up for Ginny, and I can be hot headed sometimes, and I just dragged her out of here and left you all alone. I'm so sorry".

"No, you guys, you're fine. I think we were all just being stupid last night and got into a stupid fight. Gin, I really don't have to go with Harry, I mean it," I said.

"No, Y/n, you're going with him. 'Mione and I both have dates, and I'm just going to have to get over the fact that he doesn't like me back. It's fine. I'd love it if you'd go with him".

"Really?" I asked, searching her eyes to make sure that she wasn't just being nice.

"Really. Please, just go with him," she said sincerely.