Chapter 26

I was in trouble.

The moment I woke up, the only thing that I could think about was my dream from the night before. Thoughts of two pairs of hands doing some not very innocent things would not stop flooding through my mind, and a blush had formed on my face as I continued to think about exactly what those hands could do.

No matter how much I tried to rationalize with myself and convince myself otherwise, I wasn't completely stupid and knew that I was realizing my feelings for Fred and George. Or at least my attraction towards them.

I guess I had always shot the idea down the second it crossed my mind because we had been friends for so long, but there was no avoiding the truth now.

It was as if I had seen a trailer for what could have been last night, if only I hadn't have been so stupid. It was like my dreams were taunting me, just showing me what I was offered but refused.

The worst part was, I was realizing all of this the day of the ball and the day before we left to go on break with their family. A small house filled with twelve people wasn't exactly the best place to have private time with the two to share my feelings. I cursed myself for being dumb enough to not actually let myself think about them in that way until now, and I cursed myself even more for turning them down when they were right in front of me, telling me that they had feelings for me.

I couldn't worry about all that at the moment though, not when we had loads of packing to do and a dance that night. I would just have to push these thoughts away until it was convenient to face them.

My plan of pushing my thoughts away did not work once we arrived at breakfast.

Hermione and Ginny and I sat down in the only open spot at the table, which was conveniently right in front of Fred and George, both of them with messy heads of hair that made it look as if they had just rolled out of bed - which was probably just what happened. I had tried to just focus on the mug of coffee in my hands, but it was impossible with the two boys seated right in front of me. I was seeing them in a whole new light, and damn, was there a lot to see.

I couldn't help my eyes from wandering over to Fred's godly hands as he cut his sausage. His long, slender fingers wrapped around his knife, the veins in his hand more obvious as he sawed back and forth. He was wearing a silver ring on one of his thumbs, and I had to stop myself from biting my lip at the sight.

I couldn't help but stare at the top of Georges chest that was peeking out of the top of his shirt. I could barely see one of his collarbones and the very top of the outline of one of his pecs, but the teasing thought of knowing what lies underneath was what wouldn't let me take my eyes away.

Hermiome had kicked my foot underneath the table one time after I had been drooling particularly hard, and even though I was completely embarrassed to be caught staring, I was glad that she had stopped me. Merlin knows how humiliating it would have been if one of them had noticed.

I eventually made it through breakfast, mostly keeping my eyes to myself, and Hermione and Ginny and I all made our way back up to our room. Harry, Ron and Oliver had all apparently spoken and made plans, and we were informed at breakfast that the three of them were going to come pick us up for the dance at our room later that night.

We had the rest of the day to pack up our bags with whatever we needed for our trip to the burrow and to get ready for the dance.

~~~~~~~~

"Do I need to bring anything fancy?" I asked Ginny while rummaging through our closet.