Part 14

Zora pov

" you look way too excited about this," Inayah said whilst she was driving us to the boutique that mattia's mom told us to come to.

" Cause I get to try on dresses!" I said loudly. She groaned loudly.

" yeah and I have to watch you try on like a million," she said, " and your mums going to be there too. I swear If she says anything overcritical I think I'm gonna snap,"

" it'll be fine, mrs Polibio will be there so I don't think she'll annoy you that much. She wants to look good in front of her," I told her.

Inayah nodded, and I could tell she was thinking of something else now," hey, what did Mattia call to say this morning? you looked pretty smiley about it," she asked, " is he taking you on another date?" She joked.

I laughed and elbowed her, " god no, I don't think either of us would ever do that to ourselves again," and she laughed a little, " he called to tell me that he was gonna start giving me some proper work to do around the building,"

" what does that mean?" She asked me.

I shrugged. I didn't really know, and I was a little tired so I didn't really question it myself. I thought maybe he meant that he'd let me do some of his meetings and do the same things as him since it is half my business, but then I remembered that it's Mattia and there's no way in hell he'd agree to that.

Inayah parked the car near the boutique and we both walked in together. We found my mom and mattia's mom sitting together in the middle of the boutique.

" oh good, you're finally here," my mom said to me. I kissed her on the cheek and she smiled, though that soon turned into a frown when she saw Inayah.

" Inayah," she said nodding at her.

" Bernice," Inayah said nodding back.

Mattia's mom noticed the tension between the two and she looked between them with her lips pursed. She looked back at me and smiled, " how about we start trying some on?" She asked me and I nodded.

" here's a few I've already picked out for you," mom said to me showing the pile next to her.I looked through them and tried keeping a straight face because I didn't like any of them, " I was thinking something traditional and formal,"

Inayah looked through the dresses too and looked at them in disgust, " we're not living in the Victorian era anymore Bernice. Plus I think it would be better if she picked her own dress, don't you think?"

Mom shook her head," I don't think so. We wouldn't want her picking something too immodest. Nothing too eye catching,"

Inayah scoffed, " not eye catching? But She's the bride, of course her dress has to be eye catching." She picked up the dress, " I dress modestly but even I wouldn't want to be caught dead in this."

I could tell mom was getting a little frustrated. She was about to say something when mattia's mom stopped her, " I think she's right Bernice. Let her pick her own dress, she has her own sense of style and I'm sure she'd look lovely in anything she picks,"

I knew my mom didn't agree but she wasn't going to argue or make herself look bad in front of mattia's mom. Mom nodded and I sighed in relief.

" let's start on that side," Inayah said pointing to the other side of the room and we both went there whilst mom and mrs polibio sat down to chat again.

We started to look through the dresses and picked out ones that we thought would look nice.

" I have to say, I like Mattia's mom way more than I like him," Inayah said and I laughed.