Part 2

Zora

" what a fucking idiot!" Inayah yelled. It was the next morning and she was pacing around my room like a lunatic, " who does this bastard think he is?! I don't care how tall he was, I could take him and his little friend! "

I was watching her amused. I loved it when she'd do this because her British accent would always accentuate the profanities she used and it'd make me laugh.

She sighed after a while and her expression had relaxed a little so I knew she had calmed down. She looked over at me, " I'm sorry, this is my fault. I never should've sent you out,"

" hey, I said I was fine. It's done, it's all in the past now. There's nothing we can do about it can we?" I asked her.

" I could hunt him down?" She suggested and I laughed at how serious she looked.

" Inayah no. Forget it about. Seriously I'm fine,"

She raised her eyebrow slightly and reached over for my phone. She scoffed, " you're listening to your sad playlist for gods sake."

It may not seem like a big deal but I literally have a playlist for everything. I make a lot of them and play them when I'm feeling a certain way.I only ever play my sad playlist when I really need to, so Inayah knows I'm really upset if I'm ever listening to it.

I knew I shouldn't but I really let what that guy said, get to my head. I sighed and sat back in my bed and she sat beside me, " it's just....what if he's right? What if my date really did dodge a bullet? What if I'm really that bad of a person?"

Inayah scoffed, " he said that in the moment, his only intention was to hurt you and it looks like it's working."

She sat opposite me and I sat up listening to her intently. It's funny how she's never been in a relationship but I always come to her for advice because it's actually really good.

" his opinion shouldn't matter and it shouldn't have any value because he doesn't know you at all. I know you're an amazing person and I know your date didn't dodge a bullet, but missed out big time."

I smiled at her, "  thanks," and she hugged me, " I really don't know what I'd do without you," I told her.

She nodded agreeing, " yeah I don't know what you'd do either," I laughed and she laughed a little too.
, " alright let's get you some breakfast," she said pulling me out of bed.

We both went downstairs to the kitchen and she started making breakfast for the two of us.

" oh yeah, your mum called," she told me. Whilst she was frying some eggs.

" yeah? What did she say?" I asked her.

" she said she wants you to come over and that her and your dad need to talk to you about something,"

" did she say what it was?"

" no, but it's probably just some new business plan, so I don't think it's anything to worry about," she told me.

I nodded and drank some water, " you wanna come with me?"

Inayah snorted and shook her head, " hell no. You know how much I dislike your parents, plus they don't really like me too,"

I laughed a little and shook my head at her. I have no idea what it was but they really didn't get on well with each other.

I really couldn't be bothered going to my parents tonight but if it was business related I knew it'd be important so I had to go.

****

" hey mom," I said kissing her cheek, she smiled and greeted me and lead me to the living room where my dad was, " so what's this all about then?"