Part 9

Mattia pov

" there they are," Kai pointed at them as they walked through the restaurant door. " how's my hair?" He asked running his hands through it.

I laughed, " dude, it doesn't matter. Inayah is not going for you,"

" you weren't there that night at Zora's, we were totally hitting it off," he said to me.

Ale snorted, " I don't remember that happening at all. All I remember was her insulting the shit out of you,"

" yeah, but don't they say that girls are mean to the guys they like or something?" He asked us.

" they do but I don't think that's the case here," ale told him.

They both shut up when the girls got to the table and they started conversing with them instead. The menus came out after a while and Inayah looked over it, " is anything on this halal?" She asked.

I looked at her funnily, " what-"

" yeah it is," Kai said to her, " that's why we picked this place, the whole menu is halal and they don't serve alcohol here at all,"

She nodded impressed and smiled appreciatively, " thanks short stack," and she looked back at the menu.

Kai looked over at ale and I, and wiggled his eyebrows, smirking. I rolled my eyes at him and looked into the menu.

We ordered and waited for our meal to show up and the boys started to talk to Inayah about other British stereotypes. Zora was sitting quietly opposite me, she was finding it amusing at how frustrated Inayah was getting.

" what, not in the mood to talk today?" I asked her.

She looked over at me, " no I'm just a little tired today,"

I nodded and we both went quiet again. Ale kept giving me funny looks from the other side of the table and I sighed quietly.

I turned to Zora, " hey, I'm sorry for missing the dinner you planned last Saturday," I told her.

She nodded, " and?"

I looked at her curiously, " and....and what?" I asked scratching the back of my head.

" really that's it?" She asked, " how about 'I know I was a complete dick, but I'll make sure it doesn't happen again' ,"

She waited for me to repeat it and she looked a little satisfied when I did, " happy now?" I asked her.

I could tell by her face that she wasn't but she nodded, " yeah,"

She stayed quiet for most of the dinner and only ever talked when the boys asked her something.

I was feeling a little guilty just seeing her like that but I didn't know what else I was supposed to do.

****

It's been two weeks and it wasn't long before I had to propose to Zora. I still didn't understand why it was necessary, mom said because they didn't want anyone to think it was a business move. They wanted other businesses and other people to think that we fell in love.

I told Zora about it and I told her that I was taking her out that weekend and she said she'd be ready for it.

I was getting ready and ale and Kai where downstairs in my living room waiting for me. When I was done I went downstairs.