Part 27

Mattia pov

" you have to go through these too Mattia," ale said putting down another stack of files on my desk.

I groaned and sat back in my chair, " how did I fall so behind on my work?" I asked him.

" well maybe if you spent less time daydreaming and staring at Zora, you'd get more done," he said smiling and I rolled my eyes at him.

" whatever," I mumbled even though I knew he was right. And it didn't help that her office was right opposite mine as well, I'd sneak a glance every now and then and think about it for the next hour.

" dude you're obsessed," Kai told me laughing a little, " and I gotta admit it's pretty entertaining,"

" do you both not have work to do right now?" I asked them, " or do y'all just waste your break by coming here to taunt me?" I asked them.

I heard them both laugh and I rolled my eyes at them. They both started to talk again and I sat back in my chair and saw that Zora was sitting in her office with her headphones on.

I liked how her brows would always furrow slightly when she was focussed on her work. And when she's waiting impatiently for her laptop to load she'd spin her pen around in her hands, like she was doing now.

After a while she sat back and stretched her arms and started to spin around in her chair, that's when I knew she was done with her work. She'd look so relieved and happy with herself and seeing her happy would make me happy too.

" look, you're doing it right now!" Ale said and he smacked my head with a file waking me from my trance.

Kai started to laugh and I held my head in my hands feeling my cheeks heat up, " sorry," I said to him and he shook his head smiling at me a little.

" yeah I'm sorry too," he said, " by the looks of it you're gonna be staying back here late becasue there's no way you're gonna finish it all by 5," he told me.

I looked around at all the paperwork and all the all the files stacked around my desk, " yeah, looks that way,"

" and I'd love to help but I got a date tonight," Kai said. I rolled my eyes at him because he's never help me, he just wanted to show off about the fact that he's got a date.

" let's hope it goes better than the last one," ale said to me and I started to laugh when he mentioned it.

Kai sat up, " how was I supposed to know that there was another restaurant with the same name across town? It's not my fault she thought I stood her up," he said defensively. He stood up, " don't worry I'm sure this one will be better," he said pointing at us two and he head out of my office.

Ale checked his watch, " I gotta go too," he said getting up from the chair. He held me by the shoulders and shook me, " and you focus on your work!"

I nodded at him and he walked out of my office. I started to order the files on my desk but I some how ended up looking at Zora again. It was hard not to because she was right there. Right in front of me.

She was doing something on her laptop again but she quickly closed it when Inayah walked into her office. They were both talking for a little bit then they both looked over in my direction.

" shit," I mumbled and I quickly put my head down so it looked like I was working on something. I didn't know if they were both still looking so I kept my head down for a while.

That's when I heard a knock on my door and Zora and Inayah walked in, " hey, we're both going to get some coffee. You wanna come with?" She asked me.

I was about to say yes but then I looked back at the files on my desk. I sighed, " sorry I can't. I have to sort all this out," I said pointing at all the things on my desk and on the floor.

Inayah walked up to my desk, " wow that's a lot of work." She said looking at it amazed, " And it's not like you to fall behind on it, how'd this happen?" Zora asked me.

She picked up a file and started reading through it. Inayah smirked at me from behind her and I rolled my eyes at her, "errr....," I scratched the back of my head, " I'm not sure,"

She put the file down, " well I'm done with all my work, so I can help if you want?" she said.

I was fidgeting with the end of my tie and I was feeling nervous of the idea of us two working in here, alone.

I shook my head, " I don't think-"

" that's a great idea," Inayah said interrupting me, " I'll get you both some coffee," and she headed for the door.

" no, Zora it's fine really," I told her and Inayah stopped at the door too. She sulked at me and held her hands up from behind Zora, asking me what I was doing. I know what Inayah was trying to do but Zora shouldn't be here doing this with me, " it's my fault, I was slacking so I should be the one doing it all," I told her.

" hey it's fine, I don't mind staying to help Mattia," she said sitting down opposite me.

" you see that? She doesn't mind at all Mattia," Inayah said clearly.

" but it's a lot of work, we might be here for a while and I don't want you going home late again," this isn't the first time she stayed back to help me but unlike now I didn't care the first time.

Inayah palmed her face and looked at me confused.

" mattia it's fine. It's half my business too right?" Zora asked, " I'll stay and we'll probably get this all finished quicker. Does that sound good?" She asked  looking at me Intently.

Inayah was behind her near the door with her hands on her hips. She was waiting for my answer too and I felt like if I said the wrong one she'd kill me.

I nodded, " yeah that sounds good," I said and Zora smiled.

" great, I'll get you guys some Coffee," Inayah said walking out of the office.

" alright let's spilt these In half," Zora said taking the files out of the boxes. She took off her blazer and put it back on her chair, and rolled up her sleeves.

I don't know how I was going to get any work done with her in the same room.

*****

Sorry I'm late, was having a nice ass nap😂😂😂 anyways can y'all give me your best foreign song suggestions?