Part 35

Zora pov

" remember the time she threatened to cut my balls off when I laughed at her for not being able to pronounce ' y'all' ?" Mattia asked and we all started to laugh. We were all sat together on the floor thinking of all the crazy things she's done and said. It was around 1am but none of us could sleep.

Kai was laughing too and if felt good that he was talking now," and when she said she'd gouge my eyeballs out if I didn't stop looking at her?"

" and she left a tarantula in my desk when she found out I pranked called her," ale said grinning, " she didn't stop laughing for that whole day," I smiled to myself, I knew she'd get her revenge some how.

I rested my head on mattia's shoulder and he rested his on my mine, " you remember when she snapped back at you in that cafe?" I asked him, " when we all first met?"

" how could any of us forget that?" Kai asked, " that was the day 'short stack' was born," he said and he smiled to himself. He looked down at the floor, his smile faltering, " I'd do anything to hear her say it again,"

We all went quiet and stared down at the floor, thinking the same.

A doctor walked out of the room and we stood up quickly. I was feeling nervous all over and I couldn't tell by her face whether it was good or bad news.

" how is she?" I asked walking up to her, " is she ok?" I asked impatiently.

The doctor nodded and we all sighed in relief, " she's stable now and we're going to move her to another room,"

I felt my heart slowly start beating normally again and my eyes started getting a little teary. I looked over at mattia and the boys and they all looked just as happy as I did.

****

She was resting when I went into her room. She had a mask over her face which upset me a little because she was honestly the last person I expected to see here.

I held her hand and I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw something written on her palm.

It was a phone number and next to it was written, ' hot date for short stack,'

I smiled a little and I started to laugh. I suddenly felt her hand move and I looked up at her to see that she was waking up.

I smiled at her as her eyes opened up. She turned to look at me, " hey, how you doing?" I asked her.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me, " who are you?"

WHAT?!

My eyes widened and I stood up, " you don't remember me?" I asked her and she shook her head, " do you remember who you are?" I asked, hoping she'd at least remember that. She shook her head and I felt my eyes starting to water.

Her confused expression suddenly turned into an amused one, " ha, kidding," she said and she laughed a little.

I let out the breath I was holding in and palmed my face, " Inayah, what the fuck!" She smiled at me, " do you want me strangle you right now?!" Honestly if she wasn't in the state she was in now, I would.

She laughed and I let out a little smile. This girl really is crazy. She tried sitting up but groaned loudly and winced in pain, " shit," she mumbled and she decided to leave it.

" there's a button for that dumb ass," I told her and I pressed one of them next to her. It lifted the front end of the bed so she didn't have to sit up.

"Oh," she snorted and laughed again. She looked around, " so how long have I been here?" She asked.

" a few hours," I told her, " how are you feeling?" I asked moving my chair closer to her.